Frozen Paleo Pizza Crust

There’s something about Friday that just screams “pizza night” to me.

But, who wants to spend their Friday night in the kitchen?

That’s where frozen pizza crusts come in. Frozen, grain-free pizza crusts, to be exact. In just about 10 minutes, you can have your pizza–> and get on with the rest of your Friday night!

All you need to do is plan ahead.

Simply prepare a batch (or two) of perfect cauliflower pizza crusts. Each batch prepares about two individual-sized pizza crusts, so plan accordingly.

All you need to do is bake the crusts, allow them to cool, then wrap in foil or parchment paper, and freeze.

The next time you’re ready for pizza, all you have to do is unwrap a crust directly from the freezer (no need to thaw ahead of time), top with your favorite toppings, and bake!

This time around, I was in the mood for something simple–> cheesy, garlic bread sticks. Shredded raw goat cheddar, garlic powder, oregano and a dash of salt did the trick.

Bake for 5-8 minutes, at 400 degrees, until the cheese is hot and bubbly.

Slice and serve!

By the way, this crust makes for some seriously good cheesy bread sticks.

I recommend making them as soon as possible.

Note: I’m not sure about the exact “freezer shelf-life” on these, but I made the crust pictured above over a month and a half ago, and it still tasted great! I assume it would store well beyond that, too!

And if you have any weekend travel plans coming up, be sure to check out my guest post on traveling over at The Vegetable Centric Kitchen!

Reader Feedback: Do you have any designated “pizza nights?” Any fun plans this weekend? I’m beyond excited for The Hunger Games movie!!

Hi, I’m Megan. A former fast food junkie turned certified nutritionist consultant, trying to make healthy living as easy as possible. I believe in eating delicious whole foods on a regular basis to help naturally support the body’s detox organsβ€” no juice fasting required. (Unless you want to!) If you make one of my healthy recipes, tag @detoxinista on Instagram or Facebook so I can see!

32 thoughts on “Frozen Paleo Pizza Crust

My first one failed, too. Definitely check out the recipe I posted– it has the “secret” to making them work! πŸ˜‰

1. Alyssa

What a great idea! It’s comforting knowing you can still enjoy “instant” and “fast” food like PIZZA but still have it be healthy. Love it.

2. Suman

i have two heads of cauliflower sitting in my fridge for this exact purpose πŸ™‚ so glad that these freeze well…my pizza cravings are seriously out of control about once a week!

quick question for you. i LOVE all of your sweet-tooth satisfying concoctions, especially the freezer fudge from yesterday! but, i have the opposite problem, where i have a serious salty/crunchy foods tooth and really miss things like pretzels and chips. any thoughts on how to feed those cravings, without reverting to my standby….nuts. i loved your parsnip chips, but still craving the salt and crunch of something else. do you have any ideas?

3. Jeanne

This looks delish I can’t wait to try it! I have to call it a detox crust though because my husband is an anthropology professor and goes crazy when people talk about the paleo diet πŸ™‚

I have a question for you…I was at Trader Joe’s looking for that goat mozzarella and I noticed they have some interesting looking sheep cheeses, a manchego from Spain and a basque farmer cheese from France. Are sheep cheeses good for our detox or should we just be sticking with goat? I’ve never eaten a sheep cheese but I’m intrigued and would love your input!

Ha ha, “detox crust” it is! πŸ˜€

And definitely try the sheep cheese! It has a small protein molecule, just like goat’s milk, making it easier to digest.

1. jeanne

I did it! I made this crust and ate with a raw sheep pecorino romano and a sheep manchego…I’m in love, thanks for the inspiration! The sheep cheese definitely has a different flavor than the goat cheese but I really like and think it will be a great addition to salads.

4. Kilee

Yum! How convenient. I keep meaning to pick up cauliflower at the store so I can try this crust out. I’m adding it to this weekend’s shopping list. I’ll let you know how it turns out. Have a fun weekend!

5. Amanda

Yummy!! Really the only reason I have not tried your pizza crust is the time in the kitchen, I have 2 little girls too so planning ahead always works so much better, Thanks!!

6. Pingback: Prepping for the Work Week β€” Battle of the Bites

7. Kilee

I did it! I made this pizza for dinner the other night and it was delicious. The time for prepping the crust was longer than I expected, but the reward of having a grain-free, gluten-free pizza was worth it! I’ll try your make ahead preparation next time. Thanks for the amazing recipe!

I make the edges thicker, like traditional pizza crust, so depending on the angle of the photo, you may see the thicker edges or the thinner middle. But, yes, it is the same pizza crust.

8. Lynde

Hi!!
    Just stumbled upon your great blog via pinterest…..love your blog and your recipes….I have severe multiple food allergies….yeast, corn, soy, milk, egg……so always looking for ways to extend my limited foods. I have been using flax seed as an egg substitute in baking but wondered if you knew of anything else that can be used as a binder in recipes like the cauliflower pizza crust.
    I am also just getting back into my own blog….have been on hiatus from it for a bit…..would you mind if I link to yours???
    Thanks for any info…and thanks for all the great info!!
    Lynde Thames

I haven’t had much success with egg substitutes for the cauliflower pizza crust. Please let us know if you find anything that works well! And, of course, you’re welcome to link to my blog.

9. Jen

So my husband is battling lymphoma and I have 4 small kids. I have been searching for recipes that would be enjoyed by everyone and still be healthy for my hubby to eat. Pizza is one of his favorites! I stumbled upon your site and have spent the last two weeks trying a majority of your recipes and ideas. Much to everyone’s delight I made your pizza crust recipe this weekend and there were cheers all around! Instead of red sauce… I made the vegan chees sauce on your sitte but added basil and garlic to give a more pizza flavor. Then I topped it with arugula and bock choy followed by the pesto recipe on your site……. It was fabulous!! Thank you for the time you have spent to share such great recipes with us. We truly appreciate them!

10. Lauren

Finally I tried making this, loved it so much! What is even more amazing is my (not so health conscious) parents did too! I topped mine off with some goat mozzarella, sliced tomato and fresh basil. YUM, love your recipes! Thank you so much!

11. ItalCrust

We might be a little biased but we’ve really tried all of the other premade crusts out there and we’re still convinced that ItalCrust is the best by far. Go find it in the supermarket and try it yourself.

12. Heather Funston

Good Day, I own a small coffee shop in Cape St Francis in the Eastern Cape. It is attached to an Aquatic Center. Liquid Lines, the firs of its kind in the Country. Liquid Lines It is so popular. With the result I have many people coming to the coffee shop wanting the new Tim Noakes meals.I have tried a few of the meals and cheese cake with great success. I would now like to make pizzas. Would the cauliflower crust freeze and keep well. Just ready to pop into the oven when needed. Look forweard to hearing from you.
    Heather Funston