1. I know I’m a little late to the party, but I finally got through the first book of The Hunger Games.
It made my long flight back to LA literally fly by. It was so good, in fact, that I could hardly wait to dive into the second book in the series!
I hope I finish it soon, too, because all this reading is seriously starting to affect my sleep schedule. I can’t put it down!!!
2. Speaking of late nights, it’s probably a good idea to stay away from your freezer when you’re doing all that reading.
Before you know it, dinner has worn off, and you’ll wind up reaching for the bag of chewy, raw brownies that you forgot existed.
The resulting chocolate buzz may help you power through the rest of your book, though.
3. If brownies aren’t your thing, Elana’s Strawberry Cupcakes are really good, too.
My niece turned 2 this weekend, and we celebrated with an adorable mermaid-themed party. My sister-in-law made these tasty grain-free cupcakes, topped with vegan chocolate frosting from Babycakes, and they were a huge hit!
4. Even with all these sweets in my life, somehow my jeans are actually fitting better.
I think I have Physique 57 to thank for that. I’ve been consistently plugging away at these DVDs, just 3x a week for the last month or so, and I’m definitely seeing some results! Which means my poor legs probably have a lot more shaking in their future.
The cool thing about Physique 57’s method, is that you never plateau–> as you get stronger, you just get better at the technique! Meaning, you’ll advance to burning even MORE calories as you go. Ouch.
5. Austin let me know that the salad I made him last night for dinner was the first one he’s had in two weeks.
I’m pretty sure he’s been living off these peanut butter cookies that I left for him in the freezer, instead.
Can’t say that I blame him, I guess… those cookies are good.
6. Speaking of last night, I feel like The Bachelor finale (<–spoiler alert) was such a waste of time.
Thanks to our DVR, Austin and I fast-forwarded through most of it… but it was pretty obvious who he was going to pick the whole time!
I blame the Fantasy Bachelor game for sucking me into this show in the first place. We actually have a trophy that circulates among our friends each season to the winner. No joke.
Reader Feedback: How’s YOUR week going so far? Has anyone else read The Hunger Games? Now that I know the characters, I’m getting pretty excited about the movie coming up… I hope it’s good!