Tuesday Things

1. I know I’m a little late to the party, but I finally got through the first book of The Hunger Games.

It made my long flight back to LA literally fly by. It was so good, in fact, that I could hardly wait to dive into the second book in the series!

I hope I finish it soon, too, because all this reading is seriously starting to affect my sleep schedule. I can’t put it down!!!

2. Speaking of late nights, it’s probably a good idea to stay away from your freezer when you’re doing all that reading.

Before you know it, dinner has worn off, and you’ll wind up reaching for the bag of chewy, raw brownies that you forgot existed.

The resulting chocolate buzz may help you power through the rest of your book, though. 😉

3. If brownies aren’t your thing, Elana’s Strawberry Cupcakes are really good, too.

My niece turned 2 this weekend, and we celebrated with an adorable mermaid-themed party. My sister-in-law made these tasty grain-free cupcakes, topped with vegan chocolate frosting from Babycakes, and they were a huge hit!

4. Even with all these sweets in my life, somehow my jeans are actually fitting better.

I think I have Physique 57 to thank for that. I’ve been consistently plugging away at these DVDs, just 3x a week for the last month or so, and I’m definitely seeing some results! Which means my poor legs probably have a lot more shaking in their future.

The cool thing about Physique 57’s method, is that you never plateau–> as you get stronger, you just get better at the technique! Meaning, you’ll advance to burning even MORE calories as you go. Ouch.

5. Austin let me know that the salad I made him last night for dinner was the first one he’s had in two weeks.

I’m pretty sure he’s been living off these peanut butter cookies that I left for him in the freezer, instead.

Can’t say that I blame him, I guess… those cookies are good.

6. Speaking of last night, I feel like The Bachelor finale (<–spoiler alert) was such a waste of time.

[source]

Thanks to our DVR, Austin and I fast-forwarded through most of it… but it was pretty obvious who he was going to pick the whole time!

I blame the Fantasy Bachelor game for sucking me into this show in the first place. We actually have a trophy that circulates among our friends each season to the winner. No joke.

Reader Feedback: How’s YOUR week going so far? Has anyone else read The Hunger Games? Now that I know the characters, I’m getting pretty excited about the movie coming up… I hope it’s good!

Comments

1. says

I want to try those DVDs! I have Core Fusion, Xtend Barre, and The Bar Method DVDs along with a few days of running per week and love that they are keeping me in shape without logging time in the gym as much. Those P57 DVDs are going to be my big treat for later down the line.

• says

Yes, I love how efficient my workouts have become! Physique 57 is definitely my favorite of all the “barre” type workouts, so I hope you get to try it soon!

2. says

Oh wow, I don’t think I could go 2 days without a salad let alone 2 weeks! I’m glad to hear you liked the Hunger Games. I am also very late to the party but I’m flying to Australia in April and am thinking that might be a good thing to do with all my flight time!! :)

• says

Make sure you bring all THREE books with you– you won’t want to stop once you get started!! (This is probably where a Kindle or iPad would come in handy… LOL)

3. sophie says

Hello :)

I have a question about Physique 57. On one of the reviews I read, it says that because of the emphasis on legs – you will bulk up your thighs…

Have you found this to be true?

• says

I have found the exact opposite to be true! My thighs have definitely shrunk over the last month or so. In fact, jeans that fit me on my wedding day (back when I was running daily) are actually looser on me now.

4. Tracy says

I too am late to hop on the Hunger Games train, however while out walking my dog over the weekend I happened to find a copy laying on the side walk and took it as a sign to read it. I am only 3 chapters into it but I am already hooked!

5. Erin W. says

I was late to The Hunger Games party too (just finished it on Monday), and now I’m soooo excited for the movie!!!!

P.S. Thanks for the reminder to dig out my P57 dvd – it’s been way too long!

6. says

I have heard it’s a great series..I have so many books to ready after going to the Mega Conference (IIN)…a huge pile..I’ll add this one to it! :)

7. Suman says

i was also late to the party, but downloaded the series on my kindle last week……have been reading like a crazy woman and am just about done with the 3rd book. SO good, i’ve even convinced my husband to start the series so we can go see the movie together! can’t wait!

the strawberry cupcakes look divine…..and the peanut butter cookies are on my “to-do” list this weekend!

8. says

I love The Hunger Games series! I read all the books in a week…book nerd over here…I’m considering ordering the Physique 57 DVD’s, I’ve heard they are great, I just wasn’t sure if they’d be very intense!

• says

Um, I totally read the Hunger Games in a week, too. Book nerds unite! :)

The Physique 57 DVDs are definitely intense! Especially as you get used to them and use proper form. The more you practice, the harder it gets– but I’ve never felt stronger!