1. It’s officially too hot for me in the Midwest.
Southern California’s nearly perfect weather has spoiled me over the last few years, and now I seem to only thrive in the 60-80 degree range.
Anything hotter or colder than that, and I just want to hibernate in my house.
2. With these hot evenings, sometimes juicing sounds more appealing than eating my usual salads.
Surprisingly good, and so refreshing!
3. Even with the heat, I could still eat Pizza “Steamed” Veggies every night.
It’s just like Pizza Roasted Veggies, but prepared over the stove top, so I don’t heat up the whole kitchen! Simply toss the veggies in your favorite marinara sauce, then set the pot over medium-high heat, and cover to let it all steam for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain any excess moisture before serving.
Top with plenty of grated raw goat cheese, and enjoy it like pasta!
4. I’m not even exaggerating when I say I always carry chocolate in my purse.
(Secretly, I bring all the extra bars so that they don’t cut into my share of chocolate!)
5. This could be a problem in our house.
There’s an organic peanut shortage?! I’m pretty particular about only purchasing organic peanut butter, since it’s so high in pesticides otherwise, so I’m afraid we’ll be running low on flourless peanut butter cookies and milkshakes for a while.
Looks like Austin’s going to have to learn to like almond butter, or maybe sunflower seed butter, until November.
Reader Feedback: Are you dealing with some high temperatures this week? How do you handle the heat? Will you be affected by the peanut butter shortage?