1. Apparently the peanut shortage is only affecting certain brands. While the usual 365 brand wasn’t available at Whole Foods, I found another organic brand that will definitely do the trick.
A tip I picked up from an employee at Whole Foods–> if you store your natural peanut butter upside down, the oils are easier to stir back in when you flip it over and open it up! In fact, I hardly had to stir it at all this way.
You learn something new everyday, right?
2. After baking a double-batch of Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies, I’ll usually let Yasha lick the jar clean for me.
She walks around with the peanut butter jar all day long, like it’s the most precious toy I’ve ever given her.
3. Freeze-dried strawberries make for some pretty good “sprinkles.”
Simply crush them between your fingers into a dry dust–> perfect for decorating Olympic-themed strawberry cupcakes!
4. These strawberries would also make a great “transition treat” for anyone addicted to fruity candy.
While I’d prefer these freeze-dried strawberries to be organic, I think they’re still a step in the right direction if you’re choosing them over a package of Starbursts or Skittles!
5. Another great snack option?
These seasoned raw almonds by Living Nutz.
The company was kind enough to send me a few sample bags, so I brought them to our Olympic watching-party the other night, to let everyone try them. I think the Zesty Almond Bliss was the crowd favorite, but the Far East Curry Almonds had disappeared by the end of the evening, as well! I love that all of the products by Living Nuts are raw and organic–> and they’re sprouted, for even easier digestion!
I’ve also managed to polish off a sample bag of Banana Bread Walnuts for breakfast this morning. They really do taste like banana bread!
Reader Feedback: What are you up to this week? Do you like snacking on seasoned nuts as a snack? I used to love my Grandma’s homemade candied walnuts that she made each winter! I’m pretty sure they’re just coated in butter, sugar and cinnamon. Which, of course, is why they taste amazing.
*Disclosure: While Living Nutz offered to send me samples of their products, I was under no obligation to give them a positive review. As always, all thoughts and opinions on this blog are my own.