Back in college, when I first ventured into the world of veganism, one of my favorite desserts was vegan peanut butter fudge.
Loaded with margarine and powdered sugar, it wasn’t any healthier than non-vegan fudge, but it was easy to make and tasted absolutely delicious.
Still quick and easy to prepare, this peanut butter fudge is much healthier than the original, using only a handful of wholesome ingredients. It’s perfect for those moments when you need a sweet treat in a hurry!
Quick Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge
makes about 12 pieces, depending on size
Adapted from Raw Almond Butter Fudge
Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl, and mix until a smooth batter forms. Transfer the batter to a dish lined with parchment paper, and smooth with a spatula.
Cut into squares, and serve immediately!
Note: This fudge is temperature-sensitive, so be sure to keep it stored in the freezer until right before serving.
- ½ cup natural organic peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, or sweetener of choice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl, and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Transfer the batter to a dish lined with parchment paper, and smooth with a spatula.
- Place the dish in the freezer, and allow to set for 20-30 minutes, or until firm.
- Cut into squares, and serve immediately!
Hope you enjoy it!
Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite quick and easy dessert? I’m pretty hooked on Raw Almond Butter Fudge, but when the almond butter jar is empty, this peanut butter variation works in a pinch!