After a season of indulgence, we could all use some healthier fare to start the new year off on the right foot. The following recipes are a few of my very favorites, and happen to be free of dairy, grains, and added sugar– perfect for any resolutions you may have in mind!
1. Blended Green Lemonade. A delicious way to start your morning, this smoothie packs a hefty dose of vitamins, minerals and fiber and is a great way to sneak more fresh greens into your day.
2. Creamy Coleslaw. A dairy-free take on this classic side dish, this salad can be made ahead of time for a quick and easy lunch on the go.
3. Green Goddess Dressing. This dressing is bursting with fresh herbs and makes a tasty dressing or dip.
4. Raw Zucchini Hummus. This bean-free dip is easier on your digestion and tastes delicious with your favorite raw veggies.
5. Immunity Boosting Carrot-Ginger Juice. Perfect for flu season, this juice packs a hefty dose of vitamin C!
6. Cauliflower Fried Rice. This grain-free dish is the ultimate comfort food, sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
7. Cherry Chocolate Shake. This chocolate-y smoothie is a sneaky way to drink your greens, but tastes like a decadent milkshake.
8. Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip. This dip gets its creaminess from avocado instead of dairy, perfect for serving with crunchy veggies or baked chips.
9. Curried Butternut Bisque. This dairy-free soup is sure to warm you up on a chilly evening!
10. Avocado Pesto. This nut-free pesto is properly combined over your favorite pasta. Try it over sweet potato noodles or spaghetti squash for a grain-free meal!
Reader Feedback: Are you making any resolutions for the New Year?