Bonus Recipe Photos from Everyday Detox

To celebrate the release of my new cookbook, Everyday Detox, I thought it might be fun to share a sneak peek at more of the recipes you’ll find in there.

everyday-detox-promo

When I signed this book deal nearly two years ago the only disappointing aspect was that we couldn’t squeeze photos for every. single. recipe. into the book. Of course, it is still filled with beautiful, full-color photos (done by a professional photographer, so they look much nicer than mine below!), but I personally like to see a photo of every recipe before I make it, so I thought I’d fill in the gaps by sharing additional recipe photos here below, so you can reference them when needed.

I hope they get you excited to start cooking from the new book!

banana-bread

Buckwheat Banana Bread. This book is loaded with mostly grain-free recipes, but I included a few of my favorite psuedograins, like buckwheat and quinoa, too. This vegan quick bread can be made with store-bought buckwheat flour (which is what I used in the loaf above) or you can grind your own raw buckwheat groats for a loaf that is lighter in color.

banana-coconut-muffins

Banana Coconut Muffins. I love these muffins because they are grain-free, egg-free, and naturally sweetened with only fruit. They are the first muffin my son ever tasted, and they’re still one of his favorites! (Mine, too.)

coconut-bars

No-Bake Coconut Granola Bars. These snack bars are nut-free and can be stored at room temperature without getting soft, so they’re perfect for snacking on the go!

raisin-snack-bars

Cinnamon Raisin Snack Bars. These bars taste like a cinnamon raisin cookie, without the flour or added sugar. They may not look like much, but they are downright addictive!

falafel-wraps

Raw Falafel Wraps. Traditional falafel is deep-fried, but this version is light and hydrating with all of the flavors you love. Perfect for packed lunches or a portable snack!

lettuce-cups

Thai-Style Lettuce Wraps. These were inspired by the popular lettuce wraps from P.F. Chang’s, and this vegetarian version tastes just as delicious, while also being oil-free.

chinese-cabbage-salad

Chinese Cabbage Salad. This salad was inspired by a local LA restaurant called Take A Bao. Their cabbage salad is deliciously addictive, and I needed to make a version at home so we weren’t tempted to eat there too often! My version is slightly less sweet than theirs, and can easily be made ahead of time for a convenient lunch or weeknight dinner.

tabouli

Quinoa Tabouli. This protein-packed dish can be made ahead of time for a convenient and delicious packed lunch option all week long.

beef-broccoli

“Beef” & Broccoli. This dish was one of my childhood favorites, and my plant-based alternative tastes even better than the take-out version! I made a point of not using any special thickeners, like arrowroot, in this cookbook, so I think you’ll be happily surprised by how easy this recipe is to prepare.

cauliflower-gratin

Cauliflower Gratin. A lighter alternative to the traditional potato version, this recipe is free of starches and flour thickeners. It almost reminds me of a veggie-based Mac n’ Cheese!

cabbage-enchiladas

Enchilada Stuffed Cabbage Rolls. These “enchiladas” are warm and comforting, and so flavorful that you won’t miss the cheese. (Though you’re welcome to add it, if you like!)

jalapeno-casserole

Cheesy Jalapeno Casserole. This dish is vegetarian comfort food at its best. I combined the concept of a cheesy hash brown casserole with a jalapeño popper to create one delicious casserole!

chocolate-pudding

Dark Chocolate Pudding. If you love chocolate pudding, you’ll LOVE this perfected dairy-free recipe. Everyone who tries it goes back for seconds– and they never guess the “secret” ingredient.

brownies

Double Chocolate Brownies. These brownies are made with coconut flour, but are unbelievably moist! Make sure you wait for them to cool completely before cutting, as they are easier to cut and taste best at room temperature, with chunks of dark chocolate in each bite!

almond-butter-fudge

Almond Butter Freezer Fudge. This recipe is already a fan-favorite here on the blog, but I perfect the recipe in the book to fit a standard-sized pan, so it turns out perfect for your family every time!

peppermint-fudge-bars

Peppermint Fudge Bars. I think this is my favorite dessert recipe in the book. I created them for Christmas two years ago, and they will be a staple in my household from now on!

chocolate-macaroons

No-Bake Chocolate Macaroons. These cookies are quick and easy to prepare, and last indefinitely when stored in the freezer– I have some in mine right now! They’re the perfect bite-sized way to naturally satisfy your sweet tooth.

chocolate-cupcakes

Chocolate Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream. I wanted this cookbook to be a go-to resource for your everyday recipe needs, so I felt that it was my duty to provide you with the PERFECT chocolate and vanilla cake recipes. I think I succeeded! These chocolate cupcakes are light and fluffy, just like a traditional cupcake, with a delicious chocolate flavor, and they are extra decadent when topped with this maple buttercream. (There’s a recipe for chocolate frosting in the book, too– and both recipes can sit out at room temperature!)

Okay, now I’m drooling. I can’t wait to hear which recipe you guys make first from your new cookbook. Get your copy of Everyday Detox today!

66 thoughts on “Bonus Recipe Photos from Everyday Detox

1. Christine

Megan, first of all your picture looks gorgeous. Wow! The recipes sound amazing! When I finally get the cookbook, I think I will be going crazy like a kid on Christmas morning! The enchilada stuffed cabbage rolls sound really good. My husband will love the jalapeño casserole. I always love your recipes. I do not come from a family that does your clean eating cooking. They tease me all the time, but I’m the one that has stayed the same since high school, and I’m 42! I think you have found the perfect way to fight off a slowing metabolism due to age. By the way, I made your scalloped potatoes from the bonus gift.
    They were awsome. My kids even asked for seconds. Of course, little do they know that the potatoes were covered in cauliflower!

1. Maegen

Congrats!! I look forward to having my new favorite cook book soon. Btw oddly enough, I had a dream last night I met you and your son 🙂

Aw, that’s so sweet! My son and I are attached at the hip, so he’d definitely be with me if we were to meet in person. 🙂

2. Sandra

Okay great! I’m pretty sure that this cookbook is going to be BIG. I’ve been following you for quite some time now and you’re approach to things in the kitchen and your recipes have always stuck out to me as simple, tried, true , delicious and practical.
    Thank you in advance!

Thanks for the kind words, Sandra! I think the secret is that I’m a lazy cook– ha!– so the recipes have to be simple or I won’t make them myself. 😉

3. Susan

I like photo’s of every recipe too, so thank you so much for posting them. I can’t wait until I receive the book!

4. Alia Vo

Megan, I’m so excited for you! The bonus pictures are just so gorgeous. I can’t wait to get my copy of the cookbook delivered to my Kindle. All of the recipes that I’ve ever tried of yours has been fool-proof and delicious. xx

5. Shanna

I’m super excited to be receiving your cookbook in a few days. I’ve been using a ton of your recipe’s for myself (a few for the family) but this summer the whole family will be trying a lot more.

6. Karen F

I am SOOOOO excited for your cookbook! Everything looks and sounds delicious! I have been a fan of your blog for a while now and love all of your recipes. Thank you for all the work you put into it. Congratulations! P.S. You look stunning in the top photo, a true vision of health and beauty!

7. Jana

Congrats, Megan! So delicious and wonderful pictures! I hope they deliver in time here in Germany too! Can’t wait to try the new recipes. The almond butter fudge is already stable in our freezer.

Thanks, Jana! I think the release date in the UK is June 18th, but depending on where you ordered the book from, it might arrive this week. I’ve got a stash of almond butter fudge in my freezer, too! 🙂

8. Julia

Dear Megan,

I absolutely love your blog and I’m really excited that your book will be delivered to Germany this June.

9. Amy

I saw your book featured on inspiralized.com and had to check out your website. Everything looks amazing!

10. Joanna

My cookbook just arrived a few days ago. I was surprised to receive it that quickly as I didn’t think it was released in Canada yet? I live in Ontario, Canada. I’m so excited to use it!! The recipes and photographs look fantastic. I visit your blog daily and am a huge fan of your recipes. Congratulations! Thank you for your amazing recipes and inspiration!!

11. Christina

Megan,

I have yet to try one of your recipes that I haven’t absolutely loved! Can’t wait till your cookbook arrives!

12. Maryse

Hello Megan

I just find out about your web site last week, could not wait to get on the computer to order your book.
    I am looking forward to try all these good recipe , I try your banana ice scream, simply delicious. I cannot used any more chemical in my diet.

13. Jeannie

I nearly cried (tears of joy, of course) when I got the e-mail notification that my book has been shipped! Can’t wait to try all of the recipes. My husband, kids and I haven’t tried a Detoxinista recipe we didn’t like.

Aw, thanks Jeannie. I think I might cry, too, when I see it in stores today! I hope you and your family enjoy the new recipes!

14. Karen

Love ur book. Got it yesterday. Followed ur blog for years. Anyway I know you’ve posted about some of ur favorite recipes to freeze before. Can u possibly entertain the idea of having a post about what from book or qualities in food make something freezer friendly or not? Again. Love the book. Big fan of yours.

Send a copy of your receipt to [email protected]

15. asia

so happy to have your book. The first recipe we made was chocolate chia shake. Then i made the mushroom gravy, which i used to flavor my buckwheat risotto. Today we are going to make the strawberry sorbet. Love your easy to make recipes as always.
    Thanks

16. Christine

Megan, I made your chocolate cup cakes with the maple buttercream icing. They were a big hit with the kids. My girls claim they do not like sweet potatoes. They used to eat them until they found out none of their friends like them! After trying the icing, my daughter asked if it was made with cream. I told her it is a new kind of cream! Who would ever think a sweet potato would make such a creamy tasting icing? Giada has nothing on you! In 5 days, I have made
    10 of the recipes, and they all have been fabulous.

Ah, that’s so great to hear!! I’m glad you and your girls are enjoying the recipes so far. 🙂

17. Suzanne

Hi Megan,

I have just received my pre-ordered copy in Australia and can’t wait to get started. I missed the additional recipes you offered for pre-ordered books. Is there any chance I can get a copy please?

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful recipes. I have made several recipes from your website and have been delighted each and every time.

Thanks,

Suzanne

Email your preorder receipt to [email protected]

18. Lee

Congratulations, Megan!
    I love your recipes so much, I pre-ordered your book months ago on Kindle but when I got it, I realized I also needed the paperback! I’m so glad to have both! Your recipes are always easy and delicious! Good job!

That’s so kind of you! I’m glad you’re enjoying the cookbook so far! 🙂

19. Carole

Hi Megan – I love the cookbook and bonus recipes!! So far I have made the chocolate superfood shake (I make several times a week), mushroom stroganoff(my 15mo old really likes the mushroom sauce on his food), and the almond butter freezer fudge. You mentioned the cupcake frosting can sit out at room temperature — about how long would you say? Thanks!!

I probably wouldn’t leave the frosting out more than 4 hours or so, just to avoid the ingredients spoiling. And just like traditional buttercream, you should avoid serving it in very hot conditions, like in direct sunlight at an outdoor summer party– it could probably still melt if it got too warm!

20. Alice Watson

I love your cookbook – credit Angela Liddon and Oh She Glows for putting one of your recipes on her site and leading me to you – So glad she did!

Question about the Cinnamon Raisin Snack Bars – I used plump raisins, they made a nice ball like the recipe said they should but the bars would not hold together, the mixture was loose when I put it in the pan and the fall apart when I eat them.

Taste is great but how do I get them to stick together? Are certain raisins better then others or should they be soaked a little first to plump them or would it be OK to add a little water to the mixture if it’s not sticky enough?

21. Katie S.

YAY! I’m so glad I stumbled on these extra photos!! I’ve been loving your book so far – my only “complaint” was there are not enough pics. (I have a hard time wanting to make something if I can’t see a picture first). These extras are great!

22. Nora

Hi Megan, I love your cookbook ! It’s getting dirty grin frequent use, dirty with yummy food that is ! I made the Butternut squash pilaf and its very good and spicy but kind of watery. Is that okay ?

Hmmm… I’ve never had it turn out watery, so if that happens next time I’d just leave the lid off and increase the heat until the liquid cooks off. Be sure to stir it often so that nothing sticks to the bottom and burns while the liquid evaporates.

23. GF

Hi,
    I just found this blog here while googling cauliflower pizza crust and wanted to ask you if your cookbook was gluten free as I am allergic to gluten and seem to becoming more sensitive to other things I substitute gluten products with…so not sure what’s going on there but I wanted to see if your recipes contained gluten before purchasing your cookbook.
    Thank you.