When it comes to pumpkin pie, I’ve always been more interested in the filling, rather than the crust.
So, let’s just skip right to the good stuff.
Even if you don’t have pumpkin on hand, any winter squash will do. (I happened to use leftover butternut squash that I had previously roasted.)
Pumpkin Pie Pudding
1 cup cooked squash
1/2 ripe avocado
2 Tablespoons pue maple syrup (or liquid stevia, to taste)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
dash of ginger
dash of nutmeg
1/4 tsp. vanilla
pinch of sea salt
In a mini-food processor, add the cup of squash and process until smooth:
Serve chilled, with a sprinkling of cinnamon:
Did I mention this pudding is properly combined, so it’s detox-friendly? Delicious and guilt-free!
- 1 cup cooked squash
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 Tablespoons pue maple syrup (or liquid stevia, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp . ground cinnamon
- dash of ginger
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp . vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- In a mini-food processor, add the cup of squash and process until smooth.
- To your pureed squash, add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides occasionally.
- Be sure to taste, and adjust the sweetness and spiciness, if necessary.
- Serve warm, or chilled, and enjoy!