1. Despite the patriotic pudding I made earlier this week, we didn’t enjoy anything red, white or blue for the holiday.
Many Spicy Tuna Rolls were consumed instead.
Maybe not the most traditional Fourth of July “finger food,” but gosh, they’re good.
2. I’ve been wearing my new heart rate monitor to the Physique 57 studio lately, just to see how challenging these classes really are.
This was my calorie burn after a “beginner level” class. It was a slightly easier class than the traditional “mixed” class– a few less repetitions of each move, and a slightly slower pace– but obviously, it still provides plenty of burn. There’s no question that cardio and strength are both covered in this workout. Whew!
(After my “mixed levels” class this past weekend, I burned 600 calories in just one hour!)
3. I’ve been pushing the limits on what I can “sneak” into Austin’s Peanut Butter Milkshakes lately.
Chia seeds seem to blend in seamlessly, but the spinach totally gave me away. Milkshakes aren’t usually a murky shade of green.
Once you get past the color, though, it still tastes amazing.
4. I think the demand for (really) dark chocolate is finally becoming more main stream.
When I saw this 82% dark chocolate bar at the movie theater’s concessions stand, I was so excited! It wasn’t my favorite dark chocolate bar, but I’m happy to contribute to the demand for healthier snack options!
I was also happy to share a handful of Austin’s caramel corn.
5. I’m going to try to take a cue from Yasha today.
I find it really hard to simply relax on my days off. I always think that I “thrive” on being busy and productive, but sometimes a day of total laziness is in order.
I’m off to try it out.
Reader Feedback: Did you do anything fun to celebrate the holiday? What do you do to relax and unwind?