Most of the time, I think the idea of living in Los Angeles is overrated.
But, every now and then, it has it’s perks.
1. Like seeing my husband in a mini-series!
Austin’s been working on History Channel’s Hatfields & McCoys over the last few months, which is set to air on Memorial Day. Though he mostly worked on the production end of things, he did manage to snag a small speaking part!
We attended the VIP screening this weekend to watch the series on the “big screen” with the entire cast, and it was so good! I already can’t wait to watch it again this weekend.
2. It’s also pretty fun to have an excuse to dress up.
We didn’t take too many pictures at the official premiere last night, but I did manage to snap this quick shot with my iPhone.
Gotta love a dress with pockets!
3. While shuffling to all these events, I think I lived off of fruit and trail mix for most of the weekend.
If you are what you eat, I’m going to turn into an almond at any minute.
Austin says that my homemade mix of raisins and sprouted almonds doesn’t count as “trail mix,” but for lack of a better description, I’m going with it. And he certainly had no problem snacking on said trail mix throughout the 4 1/2 hour screening!
4. After all that trail mix, I’m seriously craving a salad. Leafy greens aren’t exactly in high demand at these types of events–> no one wants to get them stuck in their teeth! (They also don’t exactly pack well in a purse.)
But there are usually plenty of sweets to go around. These M&M’s are too cute! Of course, Austin was disappointed that they weren’t the pretzel-filled variety.
Personally, I prefer the plain ones… which I guess makes me boring.
5. I couldn’t be more excited about this swag bag.
Mostly because we got an advanced copy of the Hatfields & McCoys soundtrack–> and Austin designed the album art!!
It’s so exciting to see it all done!
Talk about a crazy start to the week.
I’m looking forward to getting back to our regular schedule… which is definitely going to include catching-up on The Bachelorette tonight and being as lazy as humanly possible. I can’t wait!
Reader Feedback: What are YOU up to this week? Any fun weekend stories to share?