1. My new workout DVD finally came in the mail!
A good thing, since it’s looking rather damp in our future.
(She finds the best sleeping spots.)
2. I am loving my new Kindle Touch. Thank you to everyone who recommended it to me!
I opted for the discounted version— with the “Special Offers” displayed on the screensaver– and the ads don’t bother me at all. Actually, most of the time they look really nice! Who cares what it looks like when I’m not reading, anyway?
I was afraid I wouldn’t enjoy reading from a screen, or that the “E Ink display” would take some getting used to… but I’m already hooked on reading this way. It’s so much easier than holding a book open, or using bookmarks!
3. One of the first books I downloaded? Sarah Wilson’s e-book:
Sarah is a fellow IIN grad, and her book was a quick and informative read, with lots of useful tips for cutting-back on the sweet stuff, without taking crazy, drastic measures. After reading her book, I also listened to this 90-minute lecture on YouTube, which offers a rather grim (but, perhaps, true) perspective on sugar-intake.
Sounds like a fun night, right?
4. What did I do AFTER reading, and listening to, all this information on the dangers of consuming too much sugar?
I’m so rebellious. (And will be sharing the recipe soon!)
5. Finally, after much anticipation, I got to see The Hunger Games movie!
And, like most books-turned-movies, it was fine… but a little disappointing. I felt like I was watching a Cliffs Notes version of the story– lacking in the character development and relationship-building aspects of the book that I loved so much!! Maybe the next two movies will make up for that, though.
Books always trump movies, I guess.
Reader Feedback: How are YOU spending your weekend?