Citrus Fennel Slaw
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
A crunchy, marinated fennel slaw that adds a burst of texture and flavor to any salad!
- 2 small or 1 large fennel bulb , core removed and thinly shaved
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- 1 orange , zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill , chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey , or stevia to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Use a mandoline or good knife to thinly shave the fennel.
Whisk together the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl, then toss the fennel in the dressing until it's well coated.
Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes before serving over a bed of mixed greens or arugula. (You can spoon some extra dressing over the greens if you like, too!)
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 580mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 45.8mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg