Arugula Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
This Arugula Salad is a delicious way to eat more veggies, topped with a sweet and tangy raspberry vinaigrette.
- 1/2 cup raspberries (fresh, or thawed from frozen)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot (or red onion)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1 pear (red or green), cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pecans , chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries (or pomegranate arils)
To make the dressing, combine the raspberries, oil, vinegar, maple syrup, shallot, and salt in a blender, and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the flavor, as needed.
To assemble the salad, arrange the arugula in a large serving bowl, and top it with the sliced pear, goat cheese, pecans, and raspberries or pomegranate arils. Drizzle half the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat. Taste and add more dressing, as desired. Serve right away.
This dressing can be made up to 2 days in advance when stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Be sure to dress this salad right before serving it, so it doesn't get soggy.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1061IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 1mg