This ice cream is unbelievably easy to make.
It’s a good thing, too, since it doesn’t seem to last long in our freezer.
Using only a handful of ingredients, including coconut milk as the base, this chocolate ice cream is a great alternative for those of you looking for a cold and creamy treat, but would rather avoid the traditional dairy version. The result is just as decadent-tasting as the real thing, but lighter on your digestion.
You don’t even need an ice cream maker to prepare it!
Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream
makes 4 servings
Inspired by this recipe
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy. (Originally, I tried whisking them together in a bowl, but the blender was much more effective!)
Note: Alternatively, you could use an ice-cream maker at this point, which will freeze your ice cream in about 20 minutes. Simply follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- 1 14 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup, for vegans)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy. (Originally, I tried whisking them together in a bowl, but the blender was much more effective!)
- Adjust the flavor to your taste, then transfer to a freezer-safe container. Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours, or until firm.
- If your ice cream gets too firm in the freezer, allow it to thaw at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Have you tried coconut milk ice cream before?