Peanut Butter Banana Ice Pops

These ice pops are a cold, creamy treat.

SONY DSC

Featuring just a handful of all-natural ingredients, they taste surprisingly rich and decadent!

Bananas are loaded with vitamin B6 and iron, which can aid in weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, improve mood and reduce PMS symptoms. Thanks to their high potassium content, bananas are also officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure, and protect against heart attack and stroke.

The fact that they become ice-cream-like when frozen is just icing on the cake!

Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles
makes 8 servings

3 large ripe bananas (or 4 small)
1/2 cup organic peanut butter
1/2 cup almond milk, or water
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt*

*Note: The salt is only necessary if you’re using unsalted peanut butter.

Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until very smooth and creamy. Adjust sweetness to taste, if necessary, keeping in mind that the frozen version will taste less-sweet than the batter.

Pour the batter into 8 ice pop molds (this may vary, depending on the size of your molds), place a stick in the middle of each mold, and freeze for at least 6 hours, or until solid.

popsicles

To remove the frozen ice pops, I like to fill my kitchen sink with hot water and submerge the molds for about 20 seconds to loosen. They should pop right out!

Store in a sealed container in the freezer until ready to serve.

SONY DSC

Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles
Serves: 8

A cold and creamy treat, featuring bananas instead of dairy.
  • 3 large bananas (or 4 small)
  • ½ cup organic peanut butter
  • ½ cup almond milk, or water
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
  1. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until very smooth and creamy. Adjust sweetness to taste, if necessary, keeping in mind that the frozen popsicles will taste less-sweet than the room-temperature batter.
  2. Pour the batter into 8 popsicle molds (this may vary, depending on the size of your molds), place a stick in the middle of each mold, and freeze for at least 6 hours, or until solid.
  3. To remove the frozen popsicles, I like to fill my kitchen sink with hot water and submerge the molds for about 20 seconds to loosen. They should pop right out! Store in a sealed container in the freezer until ready to serve.
Notes
*Note: The salt is only necessary if you're using unsalted peanut butter.

Enjoy!

Substitution Notes:

• If you don’t care for peanuts, feel free to use almond butter, sunflower butter or another nut butter of choice.
  • For a chocolate version, add two tablespoons of cocoa powder.
  • For an extra-special treat, try adding in a handful of dark chocolate chips, dried fruit, or a swirl of fruit preserves.

Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite ice pop flavor?

Comments

1. Haysie says

Sounds fabulous! As someone who has been dealing with cancer, I will substitute the almond butter for the peanut butter. I have read that peanuts carry a mold that can produce carcinogenic aflaoxins that enter the liver and block a very important tumor-suppressor gene. I will also substitute stevia for the honey as sugars feed cancer. I have several ripe bananas right now and I will try out this recipe with them. Thank you for your ingenuity in the kitchen.

• says

Haysie- Your note caught my eye. First, I love that you are on top of how food is impacting your body’s ability to fight cancer! I wish more people were making the sugar choice you are making. Second, are you familiar with Hopefulls? The company was inspired by a cancer patient’s food journey and is based around frozen “meal” pops. I thought you might enjoy their recipes, though some you may wish to adapt since they aren’t strictly for cancer situations. You can find them here: http://www.thehopefullcompany.com/ Praying for your health! Katie

2. says

I am totally making these today!! My kids will love them (me, too, I’m not gonna lie, lol). I really want to make a vegan/raw orange cream ice pop!! Then, I’d be a happy camper all summer long :) Thanks for this recipe!!!

3. Shirley says

Heavenly! Can’t wait to try this one. Thanks again Meagan for yet another absolutely delicious recipe. You’re awesome!

4. madelyn says

Where did you get those cute popsicle molds?! This recipe looks so good! I love all of your recipes! !

5. mary says

These look delish!! I would love to make homemade popsicles but can’t get past using plastic molds. Have you seen any other options on the market?

6. Lori says

Went to the Dollar store and bought the popsicle molds. Can’t wait to try this recipe. Since I don’t do dairy I’m hoping for that creaminess.

7. Autumn says

Mmmm sound delicous! I was wondering if it is ok to freeze the pops overnight? Thanks can’t wait to make them.

8. Anton says

These were amazing. I didn’t add any honey but added a dash of cinnamon to bring out more of the natural sweetness. SOOO good!!!

9. D =) says

WOW…I thought this would be just another popsicle, but they were DELICIOUS! Not too hard or too soft..right on the money. =) Someone said they (almost) had a caramel flavor. Excellent…will def make these often this Summer. =) TFS!

10. Cassidy says

I’m making these with my nephew right now. He’s so excited to try them! I’ll let you know what he thinks when it comes to eating time. :P

11. Louis says

Made these but poured the batter into silicone ice cube molds, freaking AWESOME! I’ve also been using a lot of your recipes for smoothies and love them all. Thank you, Lou.

12. Judy says

I substituted coconut milk for the almond milk and it was delicious!! Very creamy! Thank you so much for a recipe that tastes so much like ice cream!

13. ilce says

Sorry but I could not stomach these, made them to the recipe and they tasted like frozen bran on a stick. Most unpleasant taste. Way to much fibre from the bananas for a Popsicle.

14. Deb says

just popped these in the freezer and can’t wait to try them…. my boys were dipping spoons into it and begging to eat it NOW!!!!!

Trackbacks