This Cherry Chocolate Avocado Pudding is a creamy and healthy dessert. It calls for just a handful of all-natural ingredients and can be whipped up in no time!
Cherries and chocolate make a delicious pair, and I love how the tart cherries totally mask the avocado flavor. The avocado adds creaminess, but otherwise goes unnoticed in this cold and creamy pudding.
This healthy chocolate avocado pudding is:
- Rich and creamy
- A good source of fiber, folate, and vitamins C and E
- Loaded with heart-healthy fats
- Fast and easy to prepare
I hope you’ll enjoy it as a naturally-sweetened dessert!
- 1 ripe avocado , pitted
- 3/4 cup frozen cherries
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons almond milk , or water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 to 5 Medjool dates , pitted*
- 1/8 teaspoon pure almond extract (optional)
Combine all of the ingredients in high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth. You can also use a mini food processor if you don't have a blender, but you will need to stop and scrape down the sides several times to help break down the dates. (Or just use maple syrup for a smoother result.)
Serve immediately, or store in the fridge for later.
*You can replace the dates with 1 to 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup, or with stevia to taste.
- I’ve successfully used raw cacao and cocoa powder in this recipe, so either one should work fine. If you don’t want to use cocoa, you could use carob powder as a substitute, keeping in mind that it will change the flavor.
- This recipe is only nut-free if you omit the almond extract, but I highly recommend that you try it if you can tolerate almonds. It really brings out the cherry flavor!