Cherry Chocolate Avocado Pudding

This is one of the best ideas I’ve had in a while.

A ripe avocado lends its creamy texture to this decadent chocolate pudding–> but no one will ever guess the secret ingredient, thanks to the tart frozen cherries and rich chocolate!

Cherry Chocolate Avocado Pudding
serves 1-2

inspired by Kristen’s infamous Cherry Chocolate Bomb Shake

1 ripe avocado, pitted
3/4 cup frozen cherries
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
3 Tablespoons almond milk, or water
splash of vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
12-15 drops liquid stevia (I prefer NuNaturals or KAL brands), or 1 T. maple syrup
*splash of pure almond extract (optional)

Serve immediately, or chill in the fridge to enjoy later.

Cherry Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Serves: 1-2

A sweet and tart, decadently chocolate pudding. You can't taste the avocado at all!
  • 1 ripe avocado, pitted
  • ¾ cup frozen cherries
  • 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 2-3 Tablespoons almond milk, or water
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • pinch of sea salt
  • 12-15 drops liquid stevia (NuNaturals or KAL brand), or 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
  • (optional: ¼ teaspoon almond extract)
  1. Throw all ingredients into a mini food processor and blend, occasionally scraping down the sides, until smooth and creamy!
  2. Serve immediately, or store in the fridge for later.

As always, enjoy!

Comments

1. says

I love that pic of the frozen cherries — that is one of my favorite snacks and I love using them in smoothies.

For headaches I usually need a little nap, or it is lack of water or caffeine. But usually for me it is lack of sleep or proper rest and that is the only thing that will help my head!

2. Brooke says

I just tried the choc-cado blueberry chip pudding for the first time tonight and I HEART IT!! :) Definetly going to need to try the cherry chocolate bomb next!!

I’m kind of a sissy when I get headaches, but I agree that caffeine as well as a nap helps! You could also try putting a cold, damp washcloth on either your forehead or your eyes while you rest! Hope you feel better!! :(

3. says

You are so creative with all your raw recipes! Love it.
    Sorry about the spill. :-( Makes me giggle that you ran and got your camera before you cleaned it up. I would so do the same thing. Bloggers are a unique breed, eh? :-)

4. says

aw bummer, i cant believe you lost your coffee to the kitchen floor! is that aroma the one in the valley? if yes, it’s one of my absolute favorite spots!!! i love their tofu wild rice bowls :)

5. says

It is most def dehydration! You know me, I am a water freak and yes this causes headaches!

The funny thing is people may drink boat loads of tap water thinking they are hydrated but because tap water (and most other crappy bottled waters) have so many toxins in them that the body doesn’t absorb all the good water that well. PHEW! There is my speech for ya 😉

I think you are being a wonderful brides maid over there!! I can’t wait to see pics :)

xxoo

6. says

Ever since I saw a recipe for raw chocolate mousse pie made with avocado I’ve been meaning to make an avocado dessert. That looks amazing!

Usually when I have a headache it means I’ve either been staring at my computer screen for too long or haven’t had enough caffeine. I don’t even drink that much caffeine, but if I don’t have my one cup in the morning I’ll usually get one! If it’s caused by the computer it’s easy enough to cure as long as I’m not at work. It’s impossible to get away from it at the office.

7. says

I get dehydration headaches pretty often. I usually drink a little coconut water or gatorade followed by tons of water and it helps. If that doesn’t work, I try stretching. Sounds weird but it usually works for me to release some tension and stretching is perfect for that!

8. says

I totally would pay to go to that wedding to see you hubs in a dress! LOL
    I’m totally getting a vita mix thanks a lot to you. I’m actually not a smoothie girl but I love me some pudding! headaches? well in yoga we learned about certain poses that relieve the blood flow to you head like shoulder stand. Also, I find that having a green apple always works, and yes, it has to be a green one. Something about the skin is supposed to help relive the pain. Sometimes, I think we are just tired and all we need is a good nap.

9. says

Hi! The recipe for the cherry chocolate pudding sounds great! Can’t wait to try it.

Before you get another headache, see if you can find a good aromatherapist. Mine mixed up an all natural headache oil for me and I rub some on my hands and just breathe it in. I’m sure the deep breaths don’t hurt either. If you can’t find someone, I’m sure Lisa would be happy to mail some to you. lissettemassage.com She also made me a wake up oil that I sniff in the morning if I’m really having trouble waking up. I’ve been using it more since I quit coffee, which I know you are trying to do!

10. Tracy says

Wow that was amazing pudding! I couldn’t help myself though, I used agave after going back and forth between that and organic maple syrup. My husband will go for the stevia I’m sure. As for the headaches I’ve heard rubbing a good pure Peppermint essential oil like Young Living on your temples and back of neck may help. I also have my family inhale it from the bottle when they are nauseated or headachey.

11. Amanda says

This looks sooo good! I eat avocados practically everyday and I love finding new ways to prepare them! Also – I just stumbled on your site and I am in love with it! I have been eating clean for about 5 months now (not really needing to lose weight, I just wanted to feel better and most importantly, gain energy to keep up with my 15 month old daughter!). Every single recipe I’ve found on here sounds great and is so unique. I’ve tried a few and they’ve all been great, this one is next on my list! Again, thank you so much! People really need to know that eating well can be easy AND delicious! LOVE your blog : )

12. Linnea says

OMG! This cherry/avocado/chocolate-mousse is like the best thing I’ve ever tasted! Ususally before when I tried to make chocolate mousse with avocado I could always feel the taste of it which bothers me, but not this time! 😀

My tip is to add some raw cacao nibs at the end to give it some crunch!

13. Dana says

Ok I just made this in my new food processor and just cleaned the entire thing with my spatula. Holy cannoli. The frozen cherries in this make it perfectly cool and delicious! I went the liquid stevia route and did roughly 10 drops. As I write this review, I’m having a hard time not eating the sample that I set aside for my partner. Brilliant work!

14. Berneda says

I had to remark about this FANTASTIC recipe. Last week I decided to go gluten and dairy free for a few weeks to see how my body reacts. I always have loved pudding and love something sweet and chocolate after my lunch or dinner that was healthy and satisfying. Let me tell you, this is the perfect dessert or at anytime. It helps my cravings, healthy and perfect for dairy-gluten free lovers. This will be (and is now) made on a permanent basis. Thank you so much!!!

15. Paulette Provost says

Unfortunately I’m allergic to avocados, tree nuts and bananas! Is the a substitute for avocado?

16. says

I love the smoothness of avocado mousse! Unfortunately, I tried making this with frozen TART cherries…which made it very…well…TART! So, I had to use a lot more sweetener than would have otherwise been necessary! In hindsight, throwing in a banana probably would have done the trick wonderfully! Oh, next time! Meanwhile, my husband and son are eating this for lunch with strawberries :-)

17. terri halstead says

This avocado pudding looks great but I can’t eat fruit or berries due to a fructose allergy. Any suggestions for a substitute? Also do you have any idea how many calories might be in this dessert or any of your others? Looking for some healthy, low cal desserts for my husband. He is following a strict diet right now along with exercise to lose weight and get healthy and every time I make a treat for him he worries about the calories he is getting.

• Megan says

You can omit the fruit, and just blend the avocado and cocoa powder with a sweetener of your choice. I don’t calculate nutrition information, but you can do it yourself using a free website like FitDay.com or MyFitnessPal.com.

18. Lisa Martini says

I LOVE THIS RECIPE!!! Just tried it and I can’t believe how much like real pudding it tastes. My only thing is that I can eat the whole dessert in one sitting and isn’t one avocado really fattening?

19. Hayley Morgan says

Wow….is all I have to say…just made this and it tastes exactly like regular chocolate pudding but healthy!
    I still can’t believe it!
    Thanks for sharing your amazing recipes!

20. Amy says

Absolutely delicious! My husband and 21 month old love it too :) thanks for all of the great recipes! Can’t wait for your book.

Trackbacks