Creamy Almond Butter Freezer Fudge

Meet my latest obsession.

We all know how much I love my dark chocolate, but sometimes even my sweet tooth gets a little adventurous.

This creamy, almond butter-based fudge is raw, naturally sweetened with a touch of honey, and has an incredibly buttery flavor… without using a drop of actual butter. The secret? Coconut oil and sea salt! Please, don’t be tempted to omit these very important ingredients. The coconut oil is what makes this fudge hold together!

In fact, that maybe the only problem with this fudge… it won’t last long at room temperature. It’s one of those treats that melts in your mouth, and in your hand.

Not much of a problem for me, as it tends to go directly from the freezer to my mouth, but it may not be the type of fudge you want to bring to a potluck.

It’s really not the type of fudge you’ll want to share, period. It’s too good!

Creamy Almond Butter Freezer Fudge
makes about 20 1″ squares

1 cup raw creamy almond butter (unsalted)
1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
1 1/2 Tablespoons raw honey*
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt

*For a sugar-free option, just use a few drops of liquid stevia instead.

This recipe couldn’t be easier. Simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, until smooth and creamy.

Tip: It helps if everything is at room temperature, to keep the coconut oil soft!

Transfer the mixture to a square baking dish, or container, lined with plastic wrap, then smooth with a spatula, and freeze until solid. (about an hour)

Remove the fudge by lifting the plastic wrap out of the pan, then cut into squares. (the weird edges make perfect taste-testing pieces!)

Return the fudge to a sealed container, and store in the freezer until ready to eat!

After tasting this, I think you’ll agree–> traditional fudge is so overrated.

Enjoy!

Creamy Almond Butter Freezer Fudge
Cook time:
Serves: 20

This creamy, almond butter-based fudge is raw, naturally sweetened with a touch of honey, and has an incredibly buttery flavor!
  • 1 cup raw creamy almond butter (unsalted)
  • ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
  • 1½ Tablespoons raw honey
  • ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
  1. Simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, until smooth and creamy. (note: It helps if everything is at room temperature, to keep the coconut oil soft!)
  2. Transfer the mixture to a square baking dish, lined with plastic wrap, then smooth with a spatula, and freeze until solid, about an hour.
  3. Remove the fudge by lifting the plastic wrap out of the pan, then cut into squares.
  4. Return the fudge squares to a sealed container, and store in the freezer until ready to eat!
Notes
Please, don't be tempted to reduce the amount of coconut oil in this recipe-- it's what makes this fudge hold together! Also, be sure to serve chilled, as the fudge will melt if left at room temperature for too long.

Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite non-chocolate dessert?

206 thoughts on “Creamy Almond Butter Freezer Fudge

1. michael

This may be a silly question, however I was wondering if you have to seal the container initially in the freezer for the first hour, or just after you’ve cut them?

2. Pingback: A weeks worth of Paleo recipes | Buttercup Farm

3. Erin

I am obsessed with all these delicious and healthy dessert creations! I couldn’t decide between some of my favorites, so I’ve started combining this freezer almond butter fudge with the healthy klondike bar recipe, in little cupcake tins so they’re cute and easy to eat… not that I ever eat just one! Thank you so so much for all these great ideas! I’m on this site on a daily basis! My husband told me to stop referring to you as if I know you- you’re somewhat of a celebrity in my kitchen!

4. Pingback: {Easy Almond Chocolate Fudge for busy mums} | Delicious Health

5. Pingback: Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge

6. Rebecca

These are sooooooooooo good!! My second batch is in the freezer!! I love the idea of adding cocoa powder, as some readers mentioned!! Next time for sure!! Thank you for a great treat recipe!

7. Pingback: ANTI-CANDIDA DIET DESSERTS & SNACKS | RICH LIFE REVIVAL

8. Pingback: sugar detox – day 7 … plus more norwegian music | palateofwisdom

9. Tressa H

I have a big problem with this recipe…….I CAN’T STOP EATING IT!
    This almond butter freezer fudge is my new obsession and it forces me to exercise restraint or I’ll be tempted to eat it all in one sitting!

10. Gia

Addictive- for all the right reasons, of course! A staple in my freezer from this day on. Question- what kind of square dish should I pour the mix into to set? Tried a larger one, but pieces were too thin- wondering approximately how many ozs each square of fudge should be…Can I use a loaf pan?:)

11. Christine

I LOVE your website. I have purchased your book for SO many friends, clients and family members! Wondering if it would work to add in some flax seeds or chia? I sometimes try to “health-ify” things too much and then nobody wants to eat it 🙂

12. Jessica

I have made this recipe a bunch of times and love it! However, the most recent time that I made it, it flopped, which prompts this question…

I made my own almond butter in my food processor to use to make the almond butter fudge. The almond butter was borderline hot when I added the honey, coconut oil, and salt. After a minute of blending in the food processor, the almond butter, which was quite runny, began to solidify, I stopped the food processor and put the mixture in the pan to freeze. The result was not the soft buttery almond butter fudge I have come to love. Any idea what caused this reaction? I would really like to continue making my own almond butter for the fudge, but I wasn’t happy with the results that I got this time. Don’t get me wrong, it will still be eaten, but any insights would be appreciated!

1. Anna

I had the exact same thing happen when I did it. The first time I made the recipe I actually used tahini the but this second time I used my homemade almond butter that I had made just before I made the fudge. I also experimented winsome syrup instead of honey so I thought it was because of the maple syrup that it didn’t turn out. Mine turned out a bit cakes and powdery. Did yours do the same? I’m wondering now if it wasn’t the almond butter and if it would be better to make the almond butter and hen let it sit for a day before mixing into fudge? Maybe the oil needs time to meld in the almond butter. Because mine was quite hot too. I would love to know your thoughts! I also want to make this again and again. The flavor with the mole syrup was delightful but the texture not so much. Then again I had the same issue with the texture and maybe you’re right about it being the homemade almond butter? Next time I make it I’m going to let the almond butter sit and see how it does when it’s room temp instead of hot from just being made.

13. Jen

I have a HUGE problem with this fudge. I have been eating way too much as it’s heavenly!!! I also tried your other fudge recipe and have been experiencing with different nut butter. Almond and hazelnut butter are my favourite! Thank you so much for sharing!! Love your recipes xo

14. Jenny

This is simply one of the most delicious things I’ve ever eaten. What a treasure this recipe is, thanks for posting it 🙂

p.s. I added cacao nibs and it REALLY rocked my world.