Meet my latest obsession.
This creamy, almond butter-based fudge is raw, naturally sweetened with a touch of honey, and has an incredibly buttery flavor… without using a drop of actual butter. The secret? Coconut oil and sea salt! Please, don’t be tempted to omit these very important ingredients. The coconut oil is what makes this fudge hold together!
In fact, that maybe the only problem with this fudge… it won’t last long at room temperature. It’s one of those treats that melts in your mouth, and in your hand.
Not much of a problem for me, as it tends to go directly from the freezer to my mouth, but it may not be the type of fudge you want to bring to a potluck.
It’s really not the type of fudge you’ll want to share, period. It’s too good!
Creamy Almond Butter Freezer Fudge
makes about 20 1″ squares
1 cup raw creamy almond butter (unsalted)
1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
1 1/2 Tablespoons raw honey*
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
*For a sugar-free option, just use a few drops of liquid stevia instead.
This recipe couldn’t be easier. Simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, until smooth and creamy.
Tip: It helps if everything is at room temperature, to keep the coconut oil soft!
Return the fudge to a sealed container, and store in the freezer until ready to eat!
- 1 cup raw creamy almond butter (unsalted)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
- 1½ Tablespoons raw honey
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, until smooth and creamy. (note: It helps if everything is at room temperature, to keep the coconut oil soft!)
- Transfer the mixture to a square baking dish, lined with plastic wrap, then smooth with a spatula, and freeze until solid, about an hour.
- Remove the fudge by lifting the plastic wrap out of the pan, then cut into squares.
- Return the fudge squares to a sealed container, and store in the freezer until ready to eat!
Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite non-chocolate dessert?