I love finding excuses to bake.
Watching the Olympics this week?
Yes, we definitely need cupcakes for that.
And, just in case you feel bad about eating cupcakes while watching top athletes push themselves to their limits, I’m happy to inform you that these cupcakes are grain-free, naturally sweetened, and bursting with antioxidant-rich strawberries!
Now, that’s something even an athlete can feel good about eating.
Strawberry Cupcakes (Grain-free)
makes 8 cupcakes
adapted from Elana’s recipe
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 large eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
zest of one lemon
1/2 cup finely chopped strawberries
Preheat oven to 350F, and line a muffin tin with 8 paper liners.
In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients– except for the fresh strawberries– and stir well, until a moist batter forms. Fold in the strawberries, then scoop the batter using a 1/4 cup into the prepared paper liners.
Allow to cool completely before serving, and frost with Creamy Cashew Icing, if desired.
Strawberry Cupcakes (Grain-free, Dairy-free)
These cupcakes are grain-free, naturally sweetened, and bursting with antioxidant-rich strawberries!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F, and line a muffin tin with 8 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients-- except for the fresh strawberries-- and stir well, until a moist batter forms. Finally, fold in the strawberries.
- Scoop the batter using a 1/4 cup into the prepared paper liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350F, or until the cupcakes are lightly golden around the edges and firm in the center.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 30 minutes, and cool completely before serving. Frost with Creamy Cashew Icing, if desired.
Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite cupcake flavor? Are you enjoying the Olympics this week?