With all of the upcoming holiday festivities, I have a feeling we could all use an extra serving of veggies this week.
This warm dish features shredded Brussels sprouts tossed with a splash of fresh orange juice, sweet and tart cranberries, crunchy pecans and a hint of cinnamon for a pleasing holiday flavor. Even picky eaters should love the texture of the shredded veggies paired with the sweet and crunchy additions.
I hope you and your family enjoy it while staying out of the cold!
Sweet & Crunchy Brussels Sprouts
Adapted from The Food Network
1 pound Brussles sprouts, shredded
1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup raw pecans
Warm the coconut oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the shredded Brussels sprouts, cinnamon, salt and orange juice and stir until the greens are bright and slightly wilted, about 3 minutes.
*Note: I used my Salad Shooter to make shredding the Brussels sprouts quick and easy. They aren’t quite as “perfect” as if I had cored them and shredded by hand, but it’s a lot easier and the result is just as tasty!
- 1 pound Brussles sprouts, shredded
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup raw pecans
- Warm the coconut oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the shredded Brussels sprouts, cinnamon, salt and orange juice and stir until the greens are bright and slightly wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add in the cranberries and pecans, tossing to combine, and serve warm.
- I used fruit-juice-sweetened dried cranberries, but feel free to use raisins if you prefer to avoid all added sugar.
- If you don’t care for pecans, feel free to use any other type of nut you have on hand!
Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite vegetable dish around the holidays?