No Excuses Detox Cover Reveal

2016 will forever go down in my memory as the year of my “second babies.”

Around the same time I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, I also signed on to write my second cookbook with Ten Speed Press. I’m so thrilled for you to get your hands on my next book, No Excuses Detox, which will hit bookshelves early next year!

no-excuses-detox

Book photography by Erin Scott

What’s special about this book is that all of the recipes are developed with speed, convenience, and budget in mind. My hope is that this particular collection of recipes will leave you with “no excuse” to not eat well, because the recipes are as easy and affordable as possible, using only easily accessible whole food ingredients.

Just like my first book, all of the recipes are properly combined and labeled to accommodate those with food allergies and special dietary restrictions. All of the recipes are gluten-free and vegetarian, and I’ve included tips to make many of the meals ahead of time, either in the freezer or in a slow cooker, so that you can stay on track even when you’re super busy.

healthy-detox-dinner-recipe

Due to popular demand, I’ve included more main dish recipes in this book, including many that can be made in just 30 minutes from start-to-finish, or with only 15 minutes of hands-on preparation. I’ve even added an entire chapter dedicated to quick skillet meals, which are perfect for speedy weeknight dinners.

I’ve taken special care to make these recipes as allergy-friendly as possible, so I think you’ll be pleased with the number of egg-free, dairy-free, and nut-free recipes found in this book. I was also raising a picky toddler at the time, so many of the recipes are kid-friendly and easy to grab on the go, like the Freezer Toaster Waffles, Sweet Potato Crackers, and Vegan Pumpkin Bread pictured below.

snacks

And because I know how challenging meal planning can be each week, No Excuses Detox has three full weeks of meal plans, including a Speedy Meal Plan featuring fast 30-minute meals and a Budget-Friendly Meal Plan that feeds you for less than $6 each day. Each meal plan includes a complete shopping list, too, so all of the planning is done for you!

dessert

I can’t wait for you all to get your hands on this book, but for now, that’s exactly what we have to do… patiently wait. If you’d like to guarantee that you get this book as soon as it’s available, and at the lowest possible price, you can preorder it now from one of the following retailers.

Pre-Order Today:

amazon barnes-noble book-depository ibooks indie-bound

Note: Be sure to save your receipt, because I will have another fun preorder bonus to thank you for your support as we get closer to the release date.

I hope you will all agree that it’s worth the wait!

Reader Feedback: In the meantime, what would you like to see more of here on the blog?

37 thoughts on “No Excuses Detox Cover Reveal

1. KatherineCohen

Ha! I already pre-ordered, too! I really can’t wait to get it now after hearing get how working-mom-friendly it sounds!

1. Mrs. D

I have really enjoyed your first cookbook over the past few weeks and I was thinking about this Spring, when our number 2 is due. I wanted to keep eating well (I have been feeling great) but time to cook will certainly be diminished for a while!! Voila!! Enter your new cookbook!! The timing couldn’t be better.

All of the recipes in both of my cookbooks are gluten-free, and there are a lot more vegan and vegan-friendly recipes in the second book– maybe around 85%?

2. Angela

Beautiful cover choice Megan! I wish I could eat it now but I will wait patiently for your new amazing cookbook! Hugs to you and your family and congratulations with your two new second babies, lol!

3. Kathryn

Great cover! And wonderful photos. So exciting that all the recipes are gluten-free, and that so many are vegan. I have no idea how you have the time that must have been required to complete even one amazing cookbook, let alone two! Congratulations, and thanks so much for making healthy eating easy, interesting and delicious!

4. Sandra

Can you show us an example of a recipe or 2? I also like to look inside a book to ensure it is a cookbook I will actually use as opposed to sitting on my shelf. thanks

We will definitely share a few preview recipes as the release date gets closer! And Amazon should add the
      ‘look inside’ feature in the future, too– but the book doesn’t go to print until next week so we’re still editing the inside right now!

This second book will be similar to Everyday Detox in the fact that all of the recipes are gluten-free and properly combined, but the new book has totally different recipes that focus on speed and budget. The price per serving is listed on each recipe, and in general the recipes are less complicated to make them as fast as possible. This book is also 100% vegetarian with an emphasis on more vegan and nut-free recipes.

2. Deanna K Witt

So happy to find you and the blog. Going out to get thi first cookbook today. Thanks again for sharing you knowledge with us all.

5. Karen

I loooove that these are quick and easy recipes that are BUDGET FRIENDLY!! Hallelujah!! I try my best to meal plan and in our house budget is king. Feeding my family well while staying on a tight budget is challenging but rewarding. Excited to feet ur book.

6. Katja

I can’t wait for this book. Thank you so much
    for all the research you do and your dedication you put into every single recipe.

7. Kathy

I pre ordered your cookbook a few days ago! I have never done that before, but I love how you use healthy ingredients I can actually find in my grocery store! I just bought your first cookbook about 3 weeks ago and my kids and I enjoy the Chocolate Chia Smoothie/Shake. I found out about you from Lindsey/Pinch of Yum blog. Congratulations on the new book and baby. Kids are a blessing!

8. Andrea

Hi Megan! I absolutely loved your first book. It works so well for my family. If I pre-order your new book from Indigo will I still have access to the pre-order bonus!

9. Josefine

Super excited for your new book!
    I’ve tried all your toddler recipes so far and baby loves it, so I would love some more 🙂

10. Sami

Already Pre-Ordered & a SO excited about your new book. I can’t stop raving to everyone about your first one! The time you spend helping come up with easy and quick meals is seriously such a blessing for people like me who are constantly on the go 🙂

Oh, I’m so glad to hear that! Thanks for your support; I hope you’ll enjoy the second book just as much!

11. Cheryl

Very disappointed. Thought I could buy these for Christmas gifts. Not such a smart idea to be released in February of 2017.

I’m so sorry to disappoint. Authors don’t get to choose our release date. I hope you’ll still enjoy the book next year and that it will be worth the wait!

1. Cheryl

I am sorry to have taken out on you. It was the perfect gift and it will not work out.

Just disappointed. I love your recipes and want more of tgem, so yes I will wait.

Happy holidays.