This Lemon Tahini Dressing is possibly one of my favorite salad dressings of all time. It’s rich and creamy, without using dairy or oil! Drench your salads with it, or use it as a healthy dip with veggies.
How to Make Lemon Tahini Dressing
Making this creamy tahini dressing is as easy as it gets. You don’t need a blender or any special equipment! Simply stir the tahini, lemon juice, and other ingredients together until smooth and creamy. (It does take a few minutes of stirring to combine.)
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn on qualifying purchases.
Choosing the Right Type of Tahini
The reason this tahini dressing is oil-free is because the tahini I’m using has NO added oil. (I use Artisana tahini most often.) If you’re on an oil-free diet, be sure to check on the label on your tahini. The only ingredient should be ground sesame seeds.
If there is added oil in the tahini you have, this recipe won’t work as well because the tahini is probably much runnier in texture. Keep in mind that it’s easy to make your own oil-free tahini at home, too! Just pour hulled sesame seeds into your food processor and grind them until very smooth.
How Long Does Tahini Dressing Last?
This lemon tahini dressing should last up to a week in your fridge. I usually use it all before then! Keep in mind that the garlic flavor tends to get a little more potent as it rests in the fridge, so when I make a double batch of this dressing I don’t always double the garlic so the flavor won’t be too overpowering by the end of the week.
Can You Freeze Tahini Dressing?
This dressing freezes and thaws well! I like to freeze sauces and dressings in a ice cube tray so that they will thaw quickly and are easy to portion later.
More Healthy Tahini Recipes
If you need more ideas on how to use the rest of the tahini in your fridge, give one of these recipes a try!
- Zucchini Hummus
- Make-Ahead Vegan Lunch Bowls
- Vegan Green Goddess Dressing (Oil-Free!)
- Tahini-Dill Salad Dressing
- Cucumber Tahini Salad Dressing
How to Make Lemon Tahini Dressing (1-Minute Video):
Lemon Tahini Dressing (Oil-Free!)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl or mason jar and whisk well to combine. Add extra water one tablespoon at a time, until the dressing is as thin as you'd like it to be, and adjust any seasonings to your taste.
- This dressing will thicken up when stored in the fridge. It's great as a dip, but if you want to thin it for a salad dressing, just add another tablespoon of water and stir until pourable again. This should last up to a week in the fridge.
For 2 tablespoons of dressing: Calories: 73, Fat: 6g, Carbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 2g
- Make sure you use a tahini that has no other ingredients to keep this dressing oil-free. I use Artisana brand most often, and the only ingredient in that is ground sesame seeds.
- You can make your own tahini in a food processor without using added oil, by grinding hulled sesame seeds until smooth.
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below letting me know what you think! And if you make a substitution, please let us know how it worked for you. We can all benefit from your experience!
Reader Feedback: Do you have a favorite oil-free salad dressing?