I’ve got a sweet and tangy treat to share with you today.
This quick lemon frosting adds a bright, tart flavor to my favorite grain-free sugar cookies, making them the perfect spring or summer treat. Loaded with healthy, satiating fats from coconut oil, and naturally sweetened with honey, this mouth-watering topping takes any baked good over the top–> without a sugar crash later.
Needless to say, these didn’t last long at our Easter potluck.
Quick Lemon Frosting
makes about a 1/4 cup
(enough to frost an entire batch of grain-free sugar cookies)
2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
2 tablespoons raw honey
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
zest of half a lemon
pinch of sea salt
Combine all the ingredients, then mix until smooth and creamy.
Note: If your frosting seems too runny, place the bowl in the fridge to chill for about 20 minutes, then stir until evenly thickened. This frosting will melt at temperatures above 76F, so it’s not the best option for serving outdoors on a hot day…
Spread this tart frosting onto your favorite cookies or cupcakes, then chill for an hour, allowing the frosting to set.
Serve chilled or at room temperature, and enjoy!
Quick Lemon Frosting (Paleo-friendly)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil , softened
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- zest of half a lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine all the ingredients, then mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spread onto your favorite cookies or cupcakes, then chill for an hour, allowing the frosting to set. (*note: this recipe produces enough frosting for one batch of my grain-free sugar cookies)
- Serve chilled or at room temperature, and enjoy!
Per Tablespoon: Calories: 92, Fat: 7g, Carbohydrates: 8g
It might be a good idea to make a double-batch. I wish I had leftovers!
Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite springtime dessert? Are you a fan of lemon-flavored treats?