Raw Macadamia Nut Fudge Squares

Meet my new favorite way to enjoy macadamia nuts.

Loaded with healthy monounsaturated fats, B vitamins, and iron, macadamia nuts may actually help lower cholesterol and improve your metabolism.

Oh, and they taste fantastic.

Lightly sweetened with raw honey and a touch of sea salt, these fudge squares come together in minutes… and disappear almost as quickly!

Raw Macadamia Nut Fudge Squares
makes about 8 squares

Adapted from my Almond Butter Freezer Fudge

1 cup raw macadamia nuts, or 1/2 cup macadamia nut butter
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon raw honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Toss the raw macadamia nuts into a high-powered blender or food processor, and grind into a nut butter consistency. Add the rest of the ingredients, and process again until smooth and creamy.

*If using store-bought macadamia nut butter, you don’t even need to use a blender! Simply mix in the honey, coconut oil, vanilla and salt, and stir until smooth.

Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour, or until firm.

Slice off the ragged edges, then cut into bite-sized squares and serve immediately! These squares will melt quickly at room temperature, so it’s best to serve them directly from the freezer.

Raw Macadamia Nut Fudge Squares
Cook time:
Serves: 8

Lightly sweetened with raw honey and a touch of sea salt, these fudge squares come together in minutes, and disappear almost as quickly!
  • 1 cup raw macadamia nuts, or ½ cup macadamia nut butter
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1 tablespoon raw honey
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ¼ teaspoon sea salt
  1. Toss the raw macadamia nuts into a high-powered blender or food processor, and grind into a nut butter consistency.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients, and process again until smooth and creamy.
  3. Transfer the batter to a plate lined with parchment paper, and smooth with a spatula.
  4. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour, or until firm.
  5. Slice off the edges, then cut into bite-sized squares and serve immediately! These squares will melt quickly at room temperature, so it's best to serve them directly from the freezer.
Notes
For best flavor, use raw macadamia nuts, rather than roasted.

Note: I’ve tried this recipe with both raw and roasted macadamia nuts–> the raw version is definitely my favorite!

Reader Feedback: Do you like macadamia nuts? If so, what’s your favorite way to enjoy them?

Comments

1. says

Mmm these little squares sound delicious. I remember the first macadamia nuts I ever tasted. One of my childhood friends went to Hawaii for a family trip and brought me back a can of them, and I’m pretty sure I devoured most of them in one sitting. They were so buttery and delicious. I hope you had a great weekend Megan!

2. says

I haven’t had macademia nuts forever…I am definitely picking some up next time we’re grocery shopping! These look great…I’ve been looking forward to the recipe! :) Have a fantastic week!

3. Alex H says

Where does one find RAW macadamias?! I have a hard enough time finding even the roasted and salted ones. I have to rely on Walgreens and CVS with their ultra-marked-up ($11.50 for 6.5 oz?!!) store brands.

• Kim says

Alex H. – Macadamias unfortunately are expensive everywhere. Nuts.com has raw macadamias for $13.99/lb chopped or $14.49/lb for whole; this is where I buy mine at as I have not been able to find them raw locally.

4. sam says

I love macadamia cause they are low in omega 6 and great taste too. I do the same fudge plus cacao powder and stevia. Do you still avoid stevia? Have you found something that you did not like about stevia?

• says

Yes, macadamia nuts are pretty perfect. :) I’m still avoiding the stevia for now, but I may try experimenting with it again in the future! Like I mentioned before, I think stevia is a great alternative to sugar and I still recommend using it!

5. says

Yum! Oh man, these look incredible! Perfect summer treat I’d say! Macadamia nuts are awesome because they are so buttery, I imagine with coconut oil they are to die for.

6. Shelia says

I haven’t been able to find the raw nuts. Do you think it will taste that much different If they’re roasted?

• says

It does taste different if you use roasted macadamia nuts– but I had no problem polishing off the sample batch that I made with them! They just have a different “roasted” flavor. :)

• says

Oh, and I think I had to add a touch more honey to the roasted batch– just be sure to taste-test the batter before you freeze it!

7. Anonymous says

Love your blog!! These look delicious.
    I am wondering what kind of juicer you use/reccomend?
    I love making green juice but find it time consuming,
    And was just wondering if the kind of juicer you
    Use makes any difference time wise.
    Thanks for all the great raw food inspiration!!

8. says

Hi Megan!
    I just discovered your blog and I love it! I am a brand new health coach and it’s fun to see what others are doing. Question…due to digestive issues and the advice of Sally Fallon, I soak all of my nuts before eating . Do you think soaked nuts would work in this recipe? Would they have to be dehydrated before grinding? Just curious on your thoughts! Thanks!

• says

So glad you found me, Christine! :) In regards to soaking the nuts, you should dehydrate them before grinding. Soggy nuts do not work! (I’ve tried it!)

Hope you enjoy them!

9. Kyoko says

The recipe is so simple but it tastes amazing!!!
    I will definitely make it again!
    Thanks sooooo much for the recipe!!!
    I have one question.
    How long do they last in the freezer?

• Megan says

Mine have lasted for months! As long as they are well-sealed, to prevent freezer burn, they should last a long time.

10. Jean says

Hi When you soak nuts I think you said at least 2-4 hours in the fridge. How long does it take to dry them? What if you don’t have a dehydrater? On a scale of 1-10 how important is this? I am just starting all this. I have been addicted to your site for a few days. Everything I have tried is wonderful. I can’t stop. I will be gaining istead of loosing weight. Thanks for getting me so excited. Jean

11. sarah says

Hi, these do look so yummy!
    I think I read all of the comments and didn’t find this answer, if you have used a macadamia nut butter, is there a brand you like?

I’m looking forward to trying these, thank you for sharing the recipe! :)

12. Sarah says

This was amazing! My 4.5 year old and 16 month old attacked the batter :) I’m trying to find ways to get healthy fats into their bodies and this hits the spot! It is a bit too salty for my taste (and I like salty!), but that may be because I used pink Himalayan salt which is saltier. I scaled down the salt to 3/4 of the amount with this in mind, but it was still a tad too salty. Next time I’ll use half. It’s not so salty that it ruins it, but 1/2 the amount would be perfect when using Himalayan salt. Thanks for another keeper, Megan!

13. Dixie says

I just had to say – this fudge is fabulous! I had some raw, germinated and dried macadamia nut butter that I needed to eat. I love macadamia nuts plain and though I would like the nut butter, but I didn’t like it. It was just a little too rich for my taste. I was searching for something to do with it when I found this recipe. To me the fudge tastes like raw cookie dough. Love It! Thanks for the recipe!

14. Rachel says

I’m really blessed to live in Australia the native home of the macadamia! I love this fudge recipe but I find that homemade macadamia butter with freshly diced avocado chunks or banana coins is my favourite

15. Ally says

Hi there,

Can honey be omitted in this recipe?

Will it still stick together?

I was thinking to substitute it with 1/2 Tsp water, and 1/4 Tsp Stevia Powder.

Hesitant to try without asking first because macadamia nuts are expensive!

Thanks