Looking for a healthy dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth? This 3-Ingredient Chocolate Avocado Pudding is one of my favorite options. It’s naturally sweetened with only fruit and can be whipped up in 5 minutes or less.
I love sneaking avocado into smoothies and puddings because it’s loaded with potassium (it has even more than bananas do!), vitamin K, folate, and healthy fats that will leave you feeling satisfied for hours.
If you’re not the biggest fan of avocado, blending it with fruit is a great way to mask the flavor, while boosting your nutrient intake. If you’d prefer a non-chocolate flavor, try blending it with mango or pineapple for a more tropical twist!
The possibilities are endless, so I hope you’ll enjoy it.
For another variation on avocado pudding, try my Cherry Chocolate Pudding recipe using frozen cherries. It’s a fan favorite!
3-Ingredient Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 1 very ripe banana , with spots on the skin
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- In a mini food processor, blend together the banana, avocado and cocoa powder, scraping down the bowl as needed. Continue blending and scraping, until very smooth and creamy.
- Add a splash of water, if needed, to help facilitate blending. If a sweeter flavor is desired, you can also use a splash of maple syrup if desired, or add more banana.
- Enjoy immediately, or chill in the fridge for a colder treat.
Per Serving: Calories: 135, Fat: 7g, Carbohydrates: 19g, Fiber: 6g, Protein: 2g
Note: When I was pregnant with my first baby I had an aversion to bananas and would make this pudding with dates. It’s a great way to reach your 6 dates a day goal during your last trimester. So, feel free to swap out the bananas if you feel inclined! You’ll just need to soak them in water to soften them up, or add a splash of water to this recipe to help them break down in the blender or food processor.
Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite treat when a craving hits? I’ve been known to carry entire dark chocolate bars in my purse, in case of an emergency.