This Pineapple Smoothie is a quick & easy recipe that you can blend up in just minutes. All you need is 4 ingredients to make it!
Why eat more pineapple? Not only is it loaded with fiber and nutrients, it also has some impressive potential health benefits.
- Pineapple contains bromelain, which is a group of digestive enzymes that help break down protein. This may help the protein be more easily absorbed and improve digestion.
- Test tube studies suggest that bromelain may also have anticancer effects.
- A study conducted among children suggest that eating pineapple may help boost immunity, lowering the risk of both bacterial and viral infections.
- Bromelain may also reduce markers of inflammation.
- As a result, the digestive enzymes in pineapple may offer pain relief for those who suffer from inflammatory arthritis.
- Bromelain may also help speed muscle recovery after exercise.
The fact that pineapple tastes sweet and delicious is just a bonus!
What Fruit Mixes Well with Pineapple?
Pineapple mixes particularly well with other tropical fruits, like mango, coconut, and banana. In this pineapple smoothie, you’ll use banana for extra creaminess, along with coconut milk and orange juice.
The combination makes you feel like you’re on a tropical vacation!
How to Make a Pineapple Smoothie
To make this smoothie, you’ll need to start with frozen pineapple. I buy it frozen at the store, but you can also freeze your own by cutting it into chunks and freezing it flat on a lined baking sheet. (Similar to my tutorial on frozen watermelon, if you want to check that out for reference.)
The frozen pineapple gives this smoothie a slushy, frozen texture similar to a milkshake. You’ll also want to use frozen bananas, to keep it nice and thick. (Here’s how to freeze bananas.)
I like to add in a little bit of coconut milk for creaminess, and satisfying fats to help keep you feeling full. I use the full-fat coconut milk that you find in a can, but you can use the refrigerated version, or any other type of milk you like, for a lower-fat option.
Using coconut milk also gives it a Piña Colada-like taste, but you can try it with almond milk or hemp milk, if you don’t love the coconut flavor.
Lately, I’ve been using half coconut milk with half orange juice as the liquid, because the orange juice adds a nice sweet & tangy flavor to balance out the creaminess. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do!
Creamy Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen pineapple , cut into 1-inch pieces (125 grams)
- 1/2 frozen banana , cut into coins for easy blending (47 grams)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I use full-fat canned; 102 grams)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (122 grams)
- Combine the frozen pineapple, banana, coconut milk, and orange juice in the blender, and blend until completely smooth. Add a splash of water, if needed for blending, as sometimes the mixture can be very thick.
- Serve right away for the best flavor and texture. Leftover smoothie can be frozen into popsicle molds for an easy frozen treat later.
Nutrition information is for the whole batch. This information is automatically calculated, and is just an estimate, not a guarantee.
If you try this pineapple smoothie, please leave a comment below letting me know how you like it. And if you make any modifications, I’d love to hear about those, too! We can all benefit from your experience.
More Smoothie Recipes
If you have more frozen fruit to use up, try one of these other delicious smoothie recipes.
- Beet Smoothie (surprisingly good!)
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Green Smoothie
- Flax Seed Smoothie
- Kale Smoothie
- Chocolate Smoothie
- Matcha Smoothie
- Spirulina Smoothie
I can’t wait to hear which ones you try!
Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite smoothie combination?
Questions and Reviews
I add a peeled orange instead of the orange juice. It cuts calories and gives more fiber. Sometimes I’ll add a piece of ginger too. This is a great recipe..yummmm
I usually have frozen pineapple , a peeled orange, spinach leaves a little water, a spoon of greek yoghurt and some vanilla and ice which tastes like an orangesicle
I have just tried this recipe and also love it .
It’s so nice to have lots of great smoothie recipes – please keep posting them,
The whole family loved this smoothie. We added 1 inch knob of ginger too. Yum 😋
Thanks for sharing a cool recipe for making a Pineapple smoothie. Definitely gonna make it this Sunday for my family with the help of newly purchased Hand Blender.
Easy and so delicious. This will be on regular rotation. Yum!
Just made this and it’s delicious! It tasted like a fresh tropical Piña colada. I added a 1/2 t vanilla and 1/2 vanilla Greek yogurt. Thank you for sharing.
Can we add ginger to pineapple smoothie
delicious and so refreshing! kids (ages 3 and 7) also loved it!
I added 1 oz of pineapple rum and made they most delicious cocktail!