This post contains affiliate links.
The holiday season is officially here! In case you’re looking for some tried-and-true gift ideas, I thought I’d share some of my favorites with you here today.
Now, keep in mind that I tend to give practical gifts.
I like to gift items that I use myself on a daily basis. Items that help make my life a little easier and more enjoyable. So, that’s what you’ll find in my holiday gift list below, including everything from my favorite kitchen gadgets, to helpful parenting tools, to natural beauty gifts, and more!
Best of all, you can do your holiday gift shopping from the comfort of your own home, because I tend to do almost all of it online. So, avoid the crowded malls and cuddle up in a cozy blanket while you shop!
Gifts for the Kitchen
- Instant Pot. This is one of the only small appliances that has earned a permanent spot on my counter. I bought this pot nearly two years ago and use it at least twice a week to make speedy batches of rice, quinoa, soups, stews, baked potatoes, spaghetti squash, and more– all in 30 minutes or less. It’s perfect for fixing fast and healthy weeknight meals! You can check out my Instant Pot recipes here.
- Inspiralizer. I love turning healthy vegetables into “noodles” and this little gadget is the best spiralizer on the market. I love how securely it sticks to your countertop!
- Silicone Measuring Cups. I love that these measuring cups are oven-safe and bend easily to make pouring liquids into a mixing bowl easy, without any drips. I use them for melting coconut oil in my oven on a regular basis! Perfect for an avid cook or baker.
- Nutri Ninja Duo. This is the first affordable blender option I’ve tried that actually blends as well as a more high-end, high-speed blender, like the Vitamix. I think it would make a great gift for someone living in a smaller space (like an apartment or dorm room) or for someone making smoothies only for themselves.
- Reusable Straw Cups. You’ve probably seen these cups a LOT on my social media feed and in my What I Ate posts. We use them every single day for our morning smoothies! They’re great for a fast breakfast on the go, or for serving kids who might spill their drinks.
- Glass Straws. I love this reusable straw option! They’re elegant and make drinking your daily green smoothie a pleasure. So much more fun than using plastic straws, and less wasteful, too. (If you have kids or are worried about breakable straws, try these silicone straws instead. I have both!)
- Breville Juicer. This juicer is a great introductory model for someone who wants to start juicing on a regular basis.
- Le Creuset Dutch Oven or Buffet Casserole. These pots are one of the most used items in my kitchen. (I use the 5.5 quart for large batches of soup, and the buffet casserole for daily stir-fries.) I love how they can go straight from the stove top, to the oven, to my dinner table as a pretty serving dish. It’s durable to last forever, and the perfect non-toxic cooking dish.
- Kyocera Ceramic Knives. I don’t have time to maintain and re-sharpen metal knives, so that’s why I love my ceramic knives. They’re insanely sharp and I don’t have to do anything to maintain them. They make prep work a breeze!
- Farmhouse Pottery Mugs. I’m in love with these creamy hand-dipped mugs. Sipping my morning tea out of one makes me so happy!
- Nespresso Milk Frother. This frother creates lovely foam from non-dairy milks for homemade steamed milk drinks, but I actually use it most often for re-heating coffee and tea. (It’s an easy way to skip using a microwave!)
Natural Beauty Gifts
- Winter Jewels Palette If you or someone you know wants to venture into the world of cleaner makeup products, this holiday set from Beautycounter is a great place to start! It has a great selection of everyday eye shadow colors, along with a blush, bronzer, and highlighter option for contouring your eyes and cheekbones. I think the colors are universally flattering!
- Countermatch Intense Moisture Serum & Recovery Sleeping Cream. If you know someone with dry skin (like me!), this serum has totally changed the texture of my skin for the better. I use it in combination with the sleeping cream for intense hydration each evening.
- Perfect Pout Nudes Trio. I love these new holiday lip glosses! The Rosewood and Bellini colors are my two go-to shades for everyday wear. (I hope they make these two permanent in the future, but right now they’re only available for the holiday set– so grab them while you can!)
- Ultimate Nudes Palette. This might be more of a gift for yourself? (That’s why I bought it!) If you like to have a lot of color options, this eye shadow palette has EVERYTHING I could possibly need.
- Color Intense Lip Set If you want a bolder color for your lips, this set has it all. The options are bright, bold, and a couple are perfect for work or everyday wear. (The “9 to 5” and “Brunch” colors are my favorite!) This set is only available for the holidays at the moment, so grab them now while you can. (Note: This set was so popular that it sold out already, but it will be back in stock on 12/08/17.)
- Tata Harper’s Regenerating Cleanser. I was introduced to Tata Harper’s all-natural skin care products a couple years ago, and I’ve been in love with them ever since. This cleanser has a fine exfoliator included and it smells like fresh oranges.
- RMS Beauty Magic Luminizer. I use this over my makeup or on its own, for a fresh and glowy look!
- Wet Brush. I honestly don’t know why this hair brush works so much better than other brushes, but it’s a miracle worker– particularly on wet hair. I have naturally curly hair, and this brush tackle any tangles with ease! I’m never using another hair brush ever again.
- RMS Beauty Nail Polish. This nail polish is free of harsh chemicals and comes in several classic colors. (I have the deep red one, but I want the more taupe-looking color, too!)
- Everyday Detox. My first cookbook is an affordable gift to make healthy eating and cooking as easy as possible. My family still uses many of the exclusive recipes in this book on a weekly basis, and as always, I make a point not to use hard-to-find ingredients or have the recipes be too complicated. All recipes are 100% gluten-free, and many of them are vegan and paleo friendly, too.
- No Excuses Detox. My second cookbook is perfect for anyone who wants to tackle their health goals, despite a busy schedule, tight budget, or picky family members. All recipes include nutrition information, price per serving, and many can be made in just 30 minutes or less! (Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 to get $5 off your book purchase of $20 or more through Cyber Monday on Amazon!) Gluten-free & vegetarian, with lots of vegan friendly recipes.
- How Not To Die Cookbook. If you’re not familiar with Dr. Gregor, he’s the brilliant doctor behind the nonprofit site NutrtionFacts.org. He’s a wealth of scientific nutrition studies, and in his new cookbook he shares vegetarian recipes to go along with his evidence-based diet approach.
- Thyroid Healing. If you or someone you know is worried about their thyroid health, I think this book offers an unexpected perspective on the subject with an actionable cleanse and recipes at the end.
- Eat to Live Quick & Easy Cookbook. This book is filled with oil-free vegan recipes for those who need to follow a special diet.
- Love Real Food. If you’re in need of a new vegetarian cookbook, my friend Kathryne’s book is loaded with delicious options. It’s beautiful, too!
- Engine 2 Diet. I love giving this book to the men in my life, because it makes eating plants a little more appealing. It’s written by a firefighter– so they won’t worry about losing their muscle mass, and there’s still plenty of food on this plan to keep them feeling satisfied!
Gifts for Parents
- Squeasy Snacker Pouches. These reusable pouches are made of silicone and don’t leak! They’re so easy to use for our daily smoothies. I use the 3-ounce size for my baby, and the 6-ounce size for my toddler.
- Door Monkey. If you have a toddler, this non-permanent door lock is really handy. My son likes to have his bedroom door cracked each night, and this lock keeps it cracked while also keeping the door securely in place– my 4-year-old can’t get it open, no matter how hard he tries. I’ve heard it’s perfect for families with cats, who want to provide cats with access to a litter box while keeping kids out, too.
- Furniture Straps. We strap every piece of furniture in our house to the wall, just so that there are no easily preventable tipped furniture accidents. These straps make it easy!
- OK to Wake Clock. This silent alarm clock has been my life saver during the daylight savings change. When we introduced this new alarm clock, our son soon learned that he couldn’t get out of bed until the “green light” came on– so he happily stays in bed until a reasonable hour each morning, giving our family much-needed sleep. (We bought one for my daughter recently, too!)
- Funtainer Straw Cups. These stainless steel straw cups are the by far the best leak-proof travel cups I’ve found. I’ve read that straws are preferred over sippy cups by speech pathologists, so you can use these cups with children as soon as they are ready to drink water.
- Ergobaby Carrier. The Ergo carrier is my most-used and favorite baby item, as it let’s you be securely hands-free, while also keeping your baby close and happy. I also love the Baby K’tan wrap for the early newborn days, but if you only want one baby wrap, the Ergo is my #1 choice– particularly because it can be sized to fit a variety of care takers! (So my husband can wear it, too.)
- Countablock Book. . This book has been one of my son’s favorites for over a year now. It has helped him learn to count to 100, and I love how sturdy and colorful it is! (Many of our other books have ripped or missing pages…) There are three other book in this series, too: Alphablock, Cityblock and Dinoblock.
- Mini Popsicle Mold.. These mini molds are the perfect size for toddlers! It’s just enough of a treat, without it melting down their hands before they get bored with it. I like to repurpose any leftover smoothie that my son doesn’t drink by pouring it into these molds and making colorful (and healthy) popsicles for later. If you have older kids, this larger mold is perfect for making bigger popsicles.
- Jolly Penguin Race. My kids are both OBSESSED with this penguin toy. It’s a little noisy, but it’s a great way to keep them distracted while I get the dishes done or dinner on the table. Free time when you’re a parent is priceless!
Whether you’ve found something new for yourself, or to give to your friends and family, I hope you’ll find this gift guide useful!
Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite gift to give this year?