This Strawberry Mango Smoothie is a delicious way to sneak more nutrients into your day. It’s particularly great for picky kids, because it tastes like a frosty slushy. (Almost like sorbet!)
This smoothie is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. The antioxidants compounds found in mango have been shown to help protect against certain cancers, including leukemia, colon, breast, and prostate cancer. (source) Mangos may also help to lower cholesterol levels and strengthen your bones! (source)
This smoothie also provides more than 100% of your vitamin C needs for the day, as one cup of strawberries has a full dose on its own. Paired with avocados, which add creaminess and a source of healthy fat, this shake will leave you feeling satisfied and totally nourished. No yogurt or other dairy needed!
I like to add half of a frozen banana for plenty of sweetness and added creaminess, but feel free to play around with this recipe and make it your own. You can swap the strawberries for blueberries, if you prefer, and if you want a lower sugar shake, try using frozen cauliflower instead of the banana. You might be amazed by how much you can’t taste it!
Mango Strawberry Smoothie (Dairy-free)
This healthy smoothie recipe is made with mango, strawberries, banana, and avocado for an instant antioxidant boost. No yogurt or dairy required.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 banana (frozen)
- 1/4 avocado
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
- If you want a lower sugar smoothie, swap one of the fruits for frozen cauliflower instead. (You can’t taste the cauliflower!)
- For more nutrition, add a large handful of fresh spinach. (But keep in mind that this will change the color of the smoothie.)
If you have leftover smoothie, I like to freeze the extra in these mini ice pop molds for a frozen treat later. They’re great for babies and toddlers!
Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite smoothie combination?