As promised… here’s my all-time favorite raw cheesecake recipe!
For the Crust:
If you’d like a traditional cheesecake with a crust, prepare my graham cracker crust (<– recipe here) first.
Press the crust into the bottom of a greased 4″ springform pan, then place in the freezer to set until the cheesecake filling is ready.
For the Filling:
Start making the cheesecake filling by peeling and chopping up 1/2 a cup of fresh zucchini.
Process the zucchini in a mini-food processor, until very finely chopped.
To the chopped zucchini, add 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 1/2 tablespoons raw honey, 2 dates, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt, and blend until smooth.
Finally, add 1/2 a cup of raw cashew butter to the mixture, and blend until smooth and well combined.
Assemble your cheesecake by pouring the batter on top of your prepared graham cracker crust
(You will probably have a little bit of cheesecake batter leftover–> I like to freeze this in a separate container and enjoy it on its own!)
Smooth the top with a spatula, and freeze overnight to set.
The next day, your cheesecake should be ready to devour!
Straight from the freezer, this cheesecake is the PERFECT consistency, incredibly similar to the REAL thing!
(Make sure you serve it directly from the freezer, as it can get soft quickly at room temperature, and will go back to a more “pudding-like” consistency if left out too long.)
- ½ cup zucchini, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup raw cashew butter
- 2½ Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2½ Tablespoons raw honey (or agave nectar, for vegans)
- 2 dates
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- In a mini food processor, blend zucchini until finely processed.
- Add the lemon juice, raw honey, dates, vanilla, and sea salt, and blend until smooth.
- Finally, add in the cashew butter and blend until well combined.
- Pour into a spring-form pan, over a raw graham cracker crust if desired, and FREEZE OVERNIGHT until set.
- Serve frozen for an authentic cheesecake texture.
This stuff doesn’t last long around my house–> so I highly recommend doubling the recipe if you have lots of cheesecake-lovers around!
Hope you all enjoy!!