This chocolate milkshake is my new favorite snack. It’s sugar-free and loaded with healthy fats!
If you’re not a fan of avocados, don’t worry– I don’t care much for their flavor, either. It’s totally hidden in this creamy shake, thanks to the cocoa, cinnamon and sweetness from the liquid stevia.
If you’re new to using stevia, try the NuNaturals brand. It’s my favorite, with no bitter after-taste!
2 1/2 cups water or almond milk
1 ripe avocado
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
liquid stevia, to taste
2 handfuls of ice
*optional: 2 handfuls fresh spinach, for a green milkshake
Throw all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until completely smooth and creamy. (you shouldn’t see any flecks of avocado, or it kinda ruins the effect…) You could easily stop here and serve this mixture over ice.
But if you have a high-powered blender, like the Vita-Mix, throw two handfuls of ice into the blender and blend until ice-cold and creamy! It’s just like a milkshake!!
The cinnamon is like the “secret ingredient” to this drink– it really takes the flavor over-the-top, while hiding any avocado flavor.
A creamy, sugar-free chocolate milkshake.
- 2 1/2 cups water or almond milk
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- liquid stevia , to taste
- 2 handfuls of ice
- *optional: 2 handfuls fresh spinach , for a green milkshake
- Combine all of the ingredients into a blender, and blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- You could easily stop here and serve this "chocolate milk" over ice, but if you have a high-powered blender, like the Vita-Mix, add two handfuls of ice into the blender and blend again until it has a milkshake consistency.