1. Vacations never seem to last long enough.
I just got back from a long weekend in Palm Springs, but it felt like the shortest weekend ever. Time flies when you’re laying by the pool, I guess.
And I have a bit of a sunburn to show for it.
2. Dying your hair with henna isn’t the best idea while staying at a hotel.
It’s messy. It smells. And you have to keep your hair wrapped in plastic wrap for hours–> so leave your hotel room at your ego’s risk.
Our neighbors got a good laugh out of it, at least.
3. While henna is definitely an effective, natural hair dye, your hair will smell like swamp water long after washing it out. I was desperate to find a new good-smelling shampoo, just to mask the residual swampy scent!
I’ve had terrible luck with natural hair-care products up to this point, but this Aveda shampoo smells amazing–> like cherries + almonds. And the matching conditioner actually leaves my hair feeling soft and moisturized… something other natural products I’ve tried have failed to do. Finally, success!
4. Turns out, Pressed Juicery’s almond milk is just as delicious as it was hyped-up to be.
I’ll be working on re-creating this ASAP.
5. With all these mug-cake recipes going around, I decided to try my hand at creating a flourless, fruit-sweetened version.
Of course, the key to the whole mug-cake idea is that you use a microwave to quickly cook them. We threw out our microwave last year, so I had to resort to baking mine in the oven… which took way longer than I expected.
The other downside to baking the mug cake?
Next time, I think I’ll stick to baking muffins.
*Note: For those of you joining the Physique 57 challenge, I’ve created a printable calendar to track your progress over the next 4 weeks! I’ll keep you updated on my workouts each week through my Facebook page, as well as in the comment section here.
Reader Feedback: Have you ever tried dying your hair with henna, or other natural dyes? Any favorite hair or body care recommendations? I’m still looking for a good body wash!