One of the things I missed most when experimenting with raw foods was ice cream–> particularly the soft serve variety! Fortunately, I discovered the wonder that is “banana soft serve.”
It’s so rich and creamy, you’ll never miss the traditional stuff again.
My favorite flavor to make is chocolate, because it masks the banana flavor, fooling even the pickiest of eaters!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- almond milk or water, as needed to facilitate blending
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or mini food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately!
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter for Chocolate-Peanut Butter soft-serve (my husband’s favorite!)
- Add an extra tablespoon of cocoa (2 T. total) for Dark Chocolate soft-serve
- Add a few fresh mint leaves for Chocolate-Mint soft-serve
- Omit the cocoa powder, and add some of your favorite frozen fruit instead! (i.e. strawberries, mango, cherries)
…the possibilities are endless!
This recipe is great for using those overripe bananas that you don’t know what to do with. Simply store them as chunks in the freezer, and you’ll always have frozen bananas on hand that are perfectly sweet and creamy!