If you love chocolate milk, you’re in luck.
This “milk” is dairy-free and naturally sweetened with fruit, making it a guilt-free treat that you can enjoy anytime. It comes from the book, 100 Best Smoothies, Juices, and Healthy Snacks: Easy Recipes For Natural Energy & Weight Control the Healthy Way, by Emily von Euw.
Emily’s the blogger behind This Rawsome Vegan Life, which features decadent (yet healthy) raw food treats that are as pretty as they are tasty!
Her latest book features an abundance of recipes for delicious juices, smoothies, and healthy snacks, that are all easy to prepare and made with whole food ingredients. I’m drooling over her raw food treats, like Cocoa Oat Bars with Peanut Butter and Carob and Dark Chocolate Chip, Oat & Hemp Cookies, which would go perfectly with a cold glass of this Chocolate Mylk recipe below.
Thanks to Emily for letting me share it with you all!
- 1 cup (125 g) raw nuts, seeds or coconut meat
- 3 cups (237 mL) water
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of pink Himalayan crystal salt
- 3 –5 pitted dates
- 1 –2 tablespoons (28–56 g) of cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon (28 g) of maca powder (optional)
- Cover the nuts or seeds (if using) in water and let them soak for 6 hours, then rinse and discard the soak water. Blend the soaked nuts, seeds or fresh coconut meat with the all the other ingredients until smooth, frothy and white. Strain through a nut mylk bag or cheesecloth (or leave as is). Store in the fridge in a sealable glass container for up to one week.
Per Serving: Calories: 127, Fat: 3g, Carbohydrates: 18g, Fiber: 6g, Protein: 3g
From 100 Best Juices, Smoothies and Healthy Snacks
Recipe and photos by Emily von Euw
Printed with permission of Page St. Publishing
Disclosure: Emily sent me a complimentary copy of her book and I wanted to share these easy and healthy recipes with you all!