These Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies are made with 5 simple ingredients, and are naturally sweetened with honey for a healthier dessert. They are soft and gooey in the middle, if you like that sort of thing.
How to Make Cookies Without Flour
Wondering why your other peanut butter cookies don’t taste enough like peanut butter? It’s because the flour dilutes the peanut butter flavor!
In this recipe, we cut out the flour entirely, which gives the cookies more of that peanut butter taste, and it also means they’re naturally gluten-free, too. No flour required!
All you need is:
- Peanut Butter (I use all-natural, with no added oil or sugar)
- Egg (or flax egg, to keep this vegan)
- Honey (or swap it for coconut sugar)
- Baking soda
I also like to add in some dark chocolate chunks, but that’s totally optional. If you don’t have peanut butter on hand, you can make homemade peanut butter in just 5 minutes, too!
How to Make Them
To make these Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies, you’ll just have to stir together the 5 base ingredients.
Once the batter is smooth, fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop by rounded tablespoons, then drop onto a parchment lined pan.
I like to lightly press the dough with my fingers to flatten out the cookies, and sprinkle the tops with flaky sea salt for a sweet & salty flavor.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies look like they’ve spread out. (They might not spread with the flax egg, FYI.)
The cookies will still be VERY soft and fragile at this point, so don’t even attempt to touch them until they cool completely.
These cookies are on the softer & gooey-er side, even after they have cooled, so adjust your expectations for that. If you want a sturdier cookie, use coconut sugar as the sweetener, like my 4-ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, honey, egg, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the mixture together until smooth, then fold in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the dough onto the lined baking sheet. Gently press the dough with your fingers to flatten the mounds. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Bake the cookies at 350ºF for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cookies have spread and slightly crack on top. They will still be very soft to the touch while they are hot.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet. They will still be relatively soft to the touch, but you can pick them up. For a firmer cookie, place them in the fridge or freezer and serve chilled. These cookies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for 3 months.
If you try these Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies, please leave a comment below and let me know how you like them! If you make any modifications, I’d love to hear about those, too. We can all benefit from your experience.
Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite type of cookie?