This strawberry milkshake has become one of my favorite summer treats.
It has been the solution to my family’s milkshake cravings all weekend, without the stomach ache that typically accompanies the traditional versions.
Featuring just a handful of all-natural ingredients, this milkshake is sweetened with only fiber-rich strawberries and dates. Dates are not only loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber, they are also known for relieving constipation, intestinal disorders, and abdominal cancer. A rich source of potassium and magnesium, they may also boost heart and bone health!
Combined with almond milk and vanilla, this creamy shake is sure to please even the pickiest of taste buds.
Healthy Strawberry Milkshake
Combine the almond milk and dates in a high-speed blender, and blend until the dates are completely broken down. (If you don’t have a powerful blender, you may want to soak the dates in the almond milk for 20 minutes to help them soften.)
- 1 cup almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 3 soft Medjool dates , pitted
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- handful of ice , or more as needed for thickness
Combine the almond milk and dates in a high-speed blender, and blend until the dates are completely broken down. (If you don't have a powerful blender, you may want to soak the dates in the almond milk for 20 minutes to help them soften.)
Add the frozen strawberries, vanilla and ice and blend again until a thick shake is created. Serve immediately!
Hope you enjoy it!
- If you don’t have fresh dates on hand, 1-2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup will most likely work as a sweetener.
- If you don’t care for strawberries, feel free to try another variety of fruit instead!
Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite milkshake flavor?