Pumpkin Spice Green Smoothie

It may not look like it, but this smoothie tastes like pumpkin pie.

SONY DSCFeaturing pumpkin puree and Fall spices, this tasty drink is a fantastic way to sneak an extra-dose of veggies and fiber into your day.

While I’m happy to embrace the bright green color, feel free to hide this smoothie in a sealed container if you need to deceive a picky eater. The flavor is sure to please any pumpkin pie lovers!

Pumpkin Spice Green Smoothie

5 soft Medjool dates, pitted
1 1/2 cups water or almond milk
2 handfuls of ice

SONY DSC

Pumpkin Spice Green Smoothie
Serves: 2

A sweet and spicy smoothie that tastes like pumpkin pie!
  • ¾ cup pumpkin puree
  • ¼ ripe avocado
  • 2 large handfuls fresh spinach
  • ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
  • ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla
  • 5 soft Medjool dates, pitted
  • 1½ cups water or almond milk
  • 2 handfuls of ice
  1. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until liquified. Adjust sweetness and spice to taste, if necessary, then serve immediately!

Enjoy!

Hi, Iโ€™m Megan. A former fast food junkie turned certified nutritionist consultant, trying to make healthy living as easy as possible. I believe in eating delicious whole foods on a regular basis to help naturally support the bodyโ€™s detox organsโ€” no juice fasting required. (Unless you want to!) If you make one of my healthy recipes, tag @detoxinista on Instagram or Facebook so I can see!

47 thoughts on “Pumpkin Spice Green Smoothie

1. Cindy

I tried something similar to this thinking it would taste good with the pumpkin but it was so so. Can’t wait to try this at lunch – I have all the ingredients – yeah! I think the dates added to this will make the difference. Thanks Megan! Continue enjoying your little one! Hope things are going well.

2. Nicole

Hi, thanks for the delicious looking recipe. I have all the ingredients except for dates, so if I wanted to make this today could I substitute other dried fruit like plums or raisins? Thanks

3. Rebecca

I just made this and it was absolutely delicious! Unfortunately, I couldn’t get it past my ultra-picky kids though (even in opaque cups with lids and straws). I will definitely make this again for myself though:-).

4. Teresa

Hi – do you know of any substitute sweeteners I can use for the Medjool dates? Sadly, I have none on hand. Thx!

5. Carrie

I just made this and it is super yummy! It really does resemble liquid pumpkin pie. I only had baby kale mix on hand so I did taste a tiny bit I the chard but can’t wait to try it again with just spinach.

Thanks M!!

6. Tara Bertone

I just made this and LOVE it. I love pumpkin pie! However, my significant other is a pecan pie man. Do you have a recipe for a smoothie as good as this that tastes like pecan pie?

7. Pingback: Vaccines, Allergies, and Smoothies | Lil Runner

8. Jennifer

Had no almond milk on hand, so threw in a couple handfuls of raw cashews with the water. Did the trick for the missing creaminess. Also, had no spinach, so picked fresh dandelion greens, chard & celery leaves from our garden. Yum! Even my three year old likes it!

9. Sabrina

I always have avocado…but, today I didn’t so, I made this with half a frozen banana instead and I didnt have spinach so I threw in kale. I had deglet dates instead… so basically this recipe inspired me to put greens and pumpkin in a smoothie together with some spices. ๐Ÿ˜‰ It was tasty. My 20 month old fussed and cried when his straw cup ran out of smoothie. For that reason alone I’d make another…cuz he downed kale and other goodies. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for the inspiration…and I just discovered your blog and I’m all over it right now! Great job!!

10. Pingback: Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice Green Smoothie (Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Sugar-free)

11. Pingback: Health Benefits of Pumpkin | doc in the kitchen

12. Pingback: Feel More In Tune with Your Body Through a Simple Elimination Diet, Part Two | Bloom & Nourish

13. Jeanie S. Alston

Migraines are tricky in that there are different triggers for each person. First, be sure that there are not particular foods you are eating that spark the pain (dairy, wheat, citrus, caffeine, artificial sweeteners, chocolate, tannins in red wine, cheese, and nightshade veggies are a few examples of common culprits). Some nutrients, such as magnesium, calcium, and fiber can be used to relieve migraine symptoms by restoring the natural balance of brain chemistry. Some good ingredients to throw in your NutriBlast include beets, leafy greens, ginger, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds/flaxmeal, and some blackberries and/or blueberries. Top it with some calcium-rich almond milk to the MAX LINE and blast for migraine relief! Be sure to clear any alternative treatments with your doctor before beginning.

14. Pingback: Pumpkin Recipe Roundup | Crunchy Hot Mama

15. christie

Loved this! I’ve been stalking your site for a while and everything you suggests is great. I am doing dairy,grain,soy,sugar free so many recipes work for me. I altered this by using vanilla stevia instead of vanilla and dates. I didn’t have spinach so i used my green powder. I miss my starbucks pumpkin lattes so this is a treat.

16. Pingback: Pumpkin Pie Smoothie | Holistic Peach

17. Pingback: 5 Holiday Smoothies - Fit Aphrodite

18. Pingback: Pumpkin Pie Smoothie | Fast, Healthy Recipes | Holistic Peach

19. Jennifer M.

I just made this smoothie, and it tastes SOOOO good! I love the addition of avocado– I would have never thought of that! I couldn’t taste it, and it made this shake a filling breakfast for me before work.

20. V. McHugh

I don’t usually like to combine my fruits and veggies but this looks very good to me. I might even add some Fage greek yogurt to tighten it up and make a dessert of this.

21. Pingback: More Veggies & Fruits -Healthy Eating Game CrossFit 333 | CrossFit 333 St. Charles IL 60174

22. Pingback: Healthy Halloween Recipes & Easy Pumpkin Treats | Teacher Kitchen

23. Pingback: {fall treats}

24. Pingback: My 7 Favorite Pumpkin Recipes | Eat Well Enjoy Life Wellness Coaching

25. Pingback: Pumpkin Spice Green Smoothie | Changing Life Habits

26. Jennifer

Really yummy!! I had to make it with kale as that was all I had on hand. So good! I think this is going to become my new go-to smoothie for Fall.

27. Ritu Anand

I love this recipe. It is absolutely delicious! I love your blog. Thank you for sharing your delicious, healthy recipes with us! I modified this by adding slightly more spice than the original recipe calls for ๐Ÿ™‚