Orange & Vanilla Infused Water

Keeping with our hydration theme this week, I’d like to share my new favorite way to jazz up a plain pitcher of water.

SONY DSC

By simply infusing a pitcher of water with some fresh orange slices and a bit of vanilla, it becomes a refreshing drink that you’ll want to sip all day long!

Of course, I can’t take credit for this idea. My sister-in-law actually shared it with me after it was a hit at a recent baby shower she attended. Everyone who tastes this water, can’t get enough of it!

I hope you enjoy it as much as we have in our home.

Orange & Vanilla Infused Water
makes 2 liters

2 liters of filtered water
1 orange, sliced
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, or a scraped vanilla bean

Simply combine the orange slices, vanilla and water in a large pitcher (I used this one), and mix well. Allow to infuse in the fridge for at least an hour, then keep chilled in the fridge for a refreshing beverage anytime you like!

Note: This recipe can easily be tweaked to suit your tastes. Use more or less orange and vanilla, as you desire.

Orange & Vanilla Infused Water

A refreshing twist on regular water!
  • 2 liters of filtered water
  • 1 orange, sliced
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, or a scraped vanilla bean
  1. Simply combine the orange slices, vanilla and water in a large pitcher, and mix well. Allow to infuse in the fridge for at least an hour, then keep chilled in the fridge for a refreshing beverage anytime you like!

I’m sure this would be delicious with a variety of other fruit slices, as well, so feel free to get creative! I’d love to hear about any delicious combinations that you try.

Enjoy!

Comments

1. CrowCone says

I LOVE these flavored waters. I drink way more water now. I take off the rind of the fruit so it doesn’t taste bitter then put it in over night then strain out all the fruit and put it back into my frig. I find that if I leave the fruit in for a long period of time it just gets too bitter for me.

2. says

Oh i need to try this! I just did a whole post on ways to drink more water. When i was pregnant i had crazy dizzy spells but hated drinking water, once i started adding fruit to my water i drank a ton and felt much better. So go figure- drinking water really is good for you! And can taste good!

3. Ashley says

I was in Hawaii a couple weeks ago and at the entrance of our hotel, they had a big pitcher of infused water each day and the benefits of the infusion ingredients. I fell in love!
    They had one infusion of sliced lemon, lime, and orange (unbelievably refreshing) and another infusion of pineapple and vanilla bean. I was surprised at how good that combo was!

4. Lori says

So no squeezing the fruit. Just slice and through in the water. Will this be sweet enough or would a small bit of honey be ok.

5. Patti says

Would it be okay to use coconut water. My mom needs the extra electrolytes, but doesn’t like the taste of coconut water. Wondering if doing an infusion with it would be practical. Thanks

6. Lafleche says

i do this all the time … try it with lemon … or mango … or well raspberry

all delicious anyway

7. says

WOW LOVE THIS SITE!!!! GETTING SUCH GOOD HEALTHY IDEAS!! PASSING THEM ALONG TOO….. I AM IN FLORIDA FOR THE SUMMER, NEVER BEEN HERE IN THE SUMMER….IT IS VERY HOT,,,, THIS WILL BE FUN TO TRY ALL OF THESE. I AM FROM VERMONT…I COULD USE SOME REFRESHING IDEAS FOR MOM AND I. THANKS A BUNCH:)

8. says

Hey Megan – random request!
    Any chance you could change my blog name in your sidebar from “Almost Vegan” to “Chef Amber Shea”? Since I made the change last year, I’m trying to ‘clean up’ any old mentions of the AV name. :) Thank ya!
    P.S. Feel free to delete this comment afterward :)
    P.P.S. I totally need to try infused waters like this! Yum!

9. Baylee says

YUM! Being pregnant too any alternative to just plain water sounds so refreshing! I’ve been doing seltzer water and mango lemonade.

10. Flavia D. says

I just started to do these flavored (infused) waters and it has been a Godsend cause I usually struggle to get hydrated daily. I normally do organic oranges, lemons or lime juice (I noticed my water turns bitter with lime skins), a sprig of mint or basil. I also like just ginger root, mint and cinnamon sticks.

11. says

I love infused water, but didn’t like placing slices from the fruit in my drinks. That is, until I learned how to clean them properly. Combine 1/2 part apple cider vinegar and 1/2 part water in a spray container. Spray your veggies & fruit thoroughly. Wait 5-10 minutes, then rub the skin with your hands to remove any vinegar residue. Rinse w/cold water, rub again, pat dry then eat! The vinegar kills the bacteria that lives in the crevices of veggies and fruits (greens, apples, tomatoes, grapes, lemons, oranges, limes, etc.

Trackbacks