Okay, this planning-ahead-thing was a big success for me last week.
I loved having my healthy zucchini hummus ready to go in my fridge when the urge to snack hit (because sometimes I need to snack ASAP), and having a meal plan, in general, was hugely helpful in taking some of the decision-making off my plate last week.
I hope it was helpful for YOU, too!
Monday Meal Prep:
For this week’s live cooking demonstration on Monday night, I’ll be making my Cheeseburger Salad with Special Sauce from The Fresh & Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook. This vegan salad tastes ridiculously authentic, and makes an easy make-ahead lunch for the week.
I also plan to prepare a few make-ahead smoothie jars, to make my mornings faster. I’ll be making several batches of this Creamy Almond Butter & Spinach Shake to store in the fridge, so I can just “dump” the ingredients into the blender each morning, add liquid and blend for a convenient morning.
Watch Me Meal Prep Live!
If you can’t join me live, you can also find my videos on my YouTube channel. Watch last week’s live meal prep here.
Here’s my meal plan for dinners this week:
- Monday: Lentil, Kale & Quinoa Stew (leftovers will be lunch for a couple days)
- Tuesday: Spaghetti Squash Enchilada Boats (Cook the spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot for 7 minutes to save time. Tutorial here.)
- Wednesday: Cajun Zucchini Noodle “Pasta” with chicken or chickpeas, depending on our mood
- Thursday: Instant Pot Quinoa Burrito Bowls with all the toppings!
- Friday: Mediterranean Pizzas
- Saturday: Take-out (I always try to NOT cook one night each week)
- Sunday: Sweet Potato “Nachos” (roasted sweet potato slices topped with black beans, salsa, etc. and the cheese sauce from this Vegan Cauliflower Nachos recipe)
I’m meal prepping the Cheeseburger Salad to have as easy lunches this week, but if I end up sharing it with other family members, I’ll also rely on our dinner leftovers for more easy lunches during the week. The Lentil, Kale & Quinoa Stew reheats really well!
I hope you’re enjoying this Meal Planning series, and that it helps make your week easier. We make so many decisions on a daily basis, that it’s nice having one thing that you can put on auto-pilot.
Reader Feedback: This meal plan reflects how I eat at home, but would you prefer it if I made more themed meal plans? Like maybe one week of Whole 30 meal ideas, one week for vegan meal ideas, one week for nightshade-free meal ideas, etc? Let me know in the comments below!